Zombie! Rantaro x Reader

~Undead Feelings~

TW: BLOOD, WEAPONS, GORE (MINOR SWEARING)

Abnormal.

That word flooded Y/N's thoughts. It was how she was able to describe this apocalyptic setting happening before her very eyes. As she scanned through the dead fields, a feeling of dread came over her.

Y/N dropped to her knees, her pupils were darting across the dark grass below her. "Why are we here? What caused this...this outbreak?", "Why are we here?" a male voice spoke from behind her, emphasizing the word are. Y/N gasped, she looked up with wide eyes, as she turned her head to look who was behind her, "Hi, I'm Rantaro Amami!" the man chuckled, lending a hand to help Y/N up. Y/N shot up and backed away from Rantaro, "You're a zombie!?" she yelped, pulling out her revolver. "Hey, I'm harmless!" Rantaro said, holding his hands up in defense, "Like hell you are!" Y/N growled, aiming the gun at Rantaro's face. "Hey, no need for that." Rantaro calmly spoke, walking over to Y/N and lightly pushing the gun down to her side, a smile on his face. "Ugh, whatever. Just get away from me, you dumbass zombie freak!" Y/N scowled, aiming the gun at Rantaro's face yet again. "Let's just hand this over to me, hm?" Rantaro spoke, taking the gun from Y/N. "Ugh, fine. And just what do you want anyway?" Y/N spoke in an agitated tone, "Who, me? I don't want anything. Just someone to be nice to me for once." Rantaro explained, "Nice to you?" Y/N asked, tilting her head. "Well, I was the only one turned into a Zombie. At least, as far as I know." Rantaro chuckled awkwardly, rubbing his arm, "Regardless of what happened to the others, they all hated me. I wasn't welcome amongst their group anymore. For all I know, they probably wanted me dead." Rantaro said, sadness in his voice. "Dude, they probably did want you dead." Y/N blankly said, emphasizing the word did

Rantaro sighed, "Yeah, probably", "Hey, it's okay! I'll protect you. But only if you promise not to bite me!" Y/N lectured Rantaro, "I promise." Rantaro smiled sweetly at Y/N, a light pink blush fell across his face. Rantaro grabbed Y/N's hand, "Come with me.", "What? You might try to take a bite of me, for all I know!", "Awh, that's not fair. Besides, you trusted me earlier!" Rantaro said, "Ugh, fine." Y/N said, rolling her eyes. Rantaro walked hand in hand with Y/N, taking her to an abandoned shop.

"See?" Rantaro asked, pointing at the blood-soaked walls, along with some intestines scattered across the floor. Y/N walked around, looking at the isles, "Huh." she spoke to herself, before stepping on a heart, blood spewing out from the artery, "Wow. They're pretty harsh, huh?" Y/N asked Rantaro as she picked up the heart, Rantaro walked over to Y/N "Yeah" his voice trailed off as he looked at Y/N's neck, licking his lips and going in for the fatal bite. "H-hey!" Y/N squealed, catching on to what Rantaro was trying to do "You said no biting, Rantaro!", "Sorry" Rantaro said in a soft voice, rubbing his arm, "Yeah, whatever." Y/N scowled. 

Rantaro grabbed the heart from Y/N's now bloodied hands, "Gonna eat it?" Y/N teased, "No! Besides, this looks freshly ripped out. What if the body is still here?" Rantaro asked, concern in his voice. "Uhm, excuse me?? Fresh?!" Y/N exclaimed, "Yeah. I just -- I figured -- Maybe I-" Rantaro stuttered, "Oh, shut it, Zombie." Y/N hushed Rantaro, that's when they smelled something rancid coming from the back room Freezer. 

"Rantaro!" Y/N shouted, panic in her voice, "Come quick!", "I'm here! What's the-" Rantaro looked down at the body of Kaede Akamatsu, Ultimate Pianist. She lay there, her heart ripped out of her blood-soaked chest, her eyes were a much paler shade than her natural eye color as was her skin, as a line of blood poured from her mouth and dripped onto the floor. Y/N gasped, tears in her eyes, Rantaro could see that Y/N was distressed so he walked up to her and tapped her shoulder "You need anything?" he asked in a somber voice, "Y-yeah. I think I am." Y/N said as Rantaro comforted her. Rantaro placed the heart on Kaede's chest, whispering in her ear, "I'm so sorry.", Rantaro sighed as his eyes scanned Kaede's corpse. He gently grabbed hold of Y/N's hand as the two exited the abandoned shop.