Mythical Creature! Kiyotaka x Reader

~The Kitsune~

Kitsune (狐, キツネ, IPA: [ki̥tsɯne] are intelligent foxes that possess paranormal abilities that increase as they get older and wiser. According to yōkai folklore, all foxes have the ability to shapeshift into human form.

Y/N heard a knock at the door, she walked over and turned the knob. "Hello..? I-Is it okay if I come in for a bit?" a voice softly spoke from behind the door, Y/N slowly opened it to reveal a man standing at Y/N's doorstep, shivering in the cold as the snowflakes fell onto his hair.

Y/N quickly grabbed his hand and took him inside, closing the door behind him, "Oh my god, are you okay?!" Y/N asked in a worried tone, holding his hands close to her chest, "Uh, y-yeah, I-I'll be f-fine in a bit..." he stuttered, Y/N sat him down, "Here, I'll go make you something warm to drink. You just get comfy, alright?" Y/N spoke, walking into the kitchen.

The man wrapped a blanket around himself, trying his best to warm up. "Here you go. Some hot chamomile tea." Y/N smiled, handing him the cup, "Oh, t-thank you." he smiled, taking the cup, Y/N sat down and looked at him, "So, what's your name?", "Kiyotaka." he spoke.

"I'm Y/N. So, Kiyotaka...how come you're wearing faux ears?" Y/N asked, pointing to his head, Kiyotaka quickly sat his cup down on the table and covered his ears, "D-don't touch them!", "Eh? Why not?" Y/N asked, "J-just don't..!" Kiyotaka said, "Alright, I won't. But do you mind explaining the faux tail as well?" Y/N asked, pointing to the bushy tail wagging behind Kiyotaka.

"T-that's my -- W-wait don't touch it!" Kiyotaka spoke just as Y/N reached out to touch it, "It feels so soft..." Y/N said as she stroked it, "Say," Y/N said, looking up at Kiyotaka, "You wouldn't happen to be a Kitsune, would you?", "H-how do you know about that?!" Kiyotaka asked, looking around nervously.

"Hey," Y/N said, cupping his face with her hands as she smiled at him, "It's okay. I won't tell anyone. You're safe here.", "A-are you sure about that?" Kiyotaka asked, Y/N nodded, Kiyotaka smiled, "A-alright."