Suicidal! Nagito x Reader

~My true hope~

TW: BLOOD, MENTION OF SUICIDE

"No-one will care once I'm gone." the white haired male stifled in a sob, picking up the noose with trembling hands, "I'm just a waste of talent. I'm not lucky. I'm trash. So worthless! How could I ever think I'd be the lucky one in this scenario?"

Y/N L/N, the Ultimate Sweetheart overheard the familiar voice crying in his room, "Nagito!" Y/N shouted as she slammed open his door, that's when she saw it, the noose around Nagito's neck, his hands still trembling while they were still gripping onto both sides of the rope, tears running down his face, "Y-Y/N," he started to say, trying not to scream for help, "I-I don't want this. Please. Help me." Nagito shut his eyes tight and bit his bottom lip as he started to sob yet again. Y/N's eyes darted down to Nagito's arm, blood trickling from his open wounds, her eyes trailing downward as she counted the cuts Nagito had given himself, "6, 7, 8." Y/N looked up at Nagito with sad eyes, "8 cuts.", Nagito turned his head to look at her, slowly nodding. "And the other arm?" Y/N asked, Nagito lifted up his arm to closley inspect the cuts, "Just 3, Y/N. Only 3 on this arm, I promise you.", Y/N nodded, "If you say so."

"Nagito, please, stop doing this to yourself." Y/N pleaded with him, "I-I want to" Nagito spoke in a hushed whisper, "Then. Please." Y/N spoke quietly, walking up to him, "For me?", Nagito gave a weak chuckle, "It's not that simple, Y/N. I can't just stop. I need to finish what I started. It's what I should do, right?", "Nagito," Y/N spoke, her voice trailing off.

"I'm sorry, Y/N. I don't want to this but-", "Then why are you doing it?" Y/N snapped, emphasizing on the word why. Nagito just shook his head in response, "I-I don't know. I don't understand it, Y/N.", Y/N cupped Nagito's face in her hands "Help me understand." she spoke, tears in her eyes, "Nagito Komaeda, you're my best friend. Just stop this. Please. Do something --- anything! Just not this." Nagito looked into Y/N's eyes, "Believe me. There's something I've been wanting to do for a while now. But I'll never even get the chance" Nagito spoke, giving a soft chuckle, "Well, what is it?" Y/N asked, tilting her head.

"I just want you here." Nagito spoke, smiling at Y/N. "I am here, Nagito." Y/N giggled. "No, that's not enough," Nagito began to speak, Y/N had a puzzled expression on her face. "I want you as more than my best friend. I want you as more than just another Ultimate I've met while being trapped here. I want someone to hold, Y/N. I want a lover. I want someone to hug and kiss and they'll be able to do the same for me. I need-" before Nagito could finish what he was saying, Y/N crashed her lips into his, resulting in a deep and passionate kiss. Nagito could feel his face growing hotter by the second. Y/N giggled when she noticed Nagito's reaction to the sudden kiss. "It was just a kiss, you know?" Y/N chuckled, ruffling Nagito's hair, "Dummy."

Nagito placed his hand on Y/N's shoulder and kissed her, a smile grew on his lips as he kissed hers. Nagito had finally found what he had been searching for all along. His own way of coping with his suicidal tendencies. A way to get him out of his depression and move forward with a smile etched on his face. It was Nagito's and Nagito's alone.

His true hope.