Chapter (39): Lethal Glares

Start from the beginning

"You talking about Wren?"

"... Maybe. I just want us all to hang out. I already called Emily and Monique and they said yes, also Dave's coming and Paul's my husband, he can't say no to me, and Elise is gonna be there at the bar anyway. The only two people we're missing are you and Wren, so what do you think?"

She sighed and waved at Antony as he came in the office, taking a seat beside her.

"Sure. At what time?"

"You finish at 5:00 and Wren... I really don't know when but you bring her with you. She can't say no to you, she's like your guardian dog. No wait! She's too handsome to be your dog. Maybe a simple good looking bodyguard."

She chuckled softly, checking some papers on the desk. "Okay. I'll talk to her later."

"No need. Emily said she would."

"Well, I think I'll call her anyway to have her more convinced."

"Yeah, you got a point right there. Kay then, see you tonight hopefully between 6:30 and 7:00."

"You got it."

She hung up with her and sat on her desk, looking at Antony.

"Hey, Tony?" He turned to her from his computer. "Do you have something to do tonight at 7:00?"

"No, why?"

"Would you like to hang out with me and my friends tonight? It would be a great chance for you to get to know them if you want."

He smiled widely. "That would be delightful."

"You could bring your hot neighbor too. I would love to meet him." she said playfully and he grinned.

"You do?"

"Mm-hmm."

"Okay then I'll see what I can do. I'll call Miles."

.....................................................

"Wren!" said Emily, opening the door, startling her while working.

Wren gave her a look. "Go back and knock."

"Bu-"

"Go back and knock." she said sternly this time and Emily went backwards closing the door then knocked on it three times before opening it. "Thank you for being polite," she said sarcastically. "now what do you want?"

She walked to her desk, smiling. "Tonight all of us will meet at the bar and hang out as friends, I thought you should know."

"Busy." she replied dryly, taking a sip from her coffee.

"Madeline will be there."

Wren rolled her eyes. "Well, she can go but I'm busy."

"Come on!" She whined. "Stop working and enjoy your time with us! We don't get to do this anymore. Please Wren! Please! I promise if you go with us, I'll knock on the door before bursting in."

"Not convincing enough."

"Ugh!"

"But I'll go because," A smile crept across her face. "I miss hanging out with you guys."

"Yes! You're the best! I'll go tell the others! It's gonna be at 7:00, same bar."

She headed outside the office and Wren shook her head at her, grabbing her phone, dialing Madeline.

"Hey."

"Hey, beautiful. I don't know if this happened with you today or not, but, uh, Emily said something about reunion at the bar. Do you have any clue on what's going on?"