Chapter (37): Le divin

Start from the beginning

15 Minutes later, Wren went downstairs wearing her spandex tank top, shorts and sneakers, giving Madeline a wink as she approached Joseph.

"Good morning." said Wren.

"Morning." said Joseph with a smile. "So, I'm guessing Madeline told you about today's plan."

"Hey!" said Dan, followed by Mike.

"Hey, you."

"Hey, Wren." said Mike.

"Sup." She turned to Joseph. "What's the plan?"

"We're gonna hit the road and ride our bikes for like 15 or 20 Minutes maximum then return back."

"You're gonna like it." said Dan, putting an arm around her shoulder.

"I don't doubt that. So you got a bicycle for me?" asked Wren.

"We do." said Mike. "Unless if you want to play basketball with us again." He joked and Wren laughed.

"No, I don't wanna fall on the ground like last time."

"Let's go then." said Joseph chuckling lightly. "The girls will be at home. It's just us today."

.................................................

"So, how're you feeling after the pregnancy?" asked Madeline as she stretched her arms.

"Uh, excellent. I'm glad it's over though." She sighed heavily. "It was exhausting and thankfully Mike was baring with me the whole nine months." She stretched her arms as well. "I'm glad I'm back in the shape and looks bangable to my husband."

Madeline chuckled. "I didn't need to know about that."

"Sorry, it kinda slipped out. Anyway you never told me how Wren proposed to you. I'm curious to know the story."

"Well..." She inhaled then exhaled. "She used coffee cream to write down the proposal words and to draw a ring with it."

"Wow, that's, uh, ... so not Wren like I expected. I guess. I thought she would do something more expensive, like a vacation, or a restaurant, or on top of Eiffel tower, since she's rich."

"That's the thing, Rose. I like Wren when she's so simple. Like when she dresses in casual and not in formal attire. I like her too when she makes me feel special but when she does something small and creative for me, that means a lot to me more than spending millions of dollars on some expensive proposal plan or jewelries. She used the thing that got us together in the first place. Coffee."

"Awww, I get it now. That's cute and especially the part when you said she gave you her mother's ring."

"Yeah. If you think her proposal to me was lame, then you should hear the rest of my story."

"'kay, I'm listening."

"She took me on her yacht afterwards, and God, Rose... I've spent the most three romantic days with her on her yacht with her spoiling me and making me feel like the luckiest woman on earth. Literally. And she taught me a little on sailing. She even brought some clothes for me to wear and make-ups. She just knows what I want and need. She's always prepared."

"That's considerate of her." She smiled at her sister. "She's gonna be a good wife that everywoman would want on this freaking planet. Keep her."

She giggled. "I will."

They went on with a few yoga poses and had a random chat about everything then Rose went to sit on the bench for a small break while Madeline proceeded.

"How's sex life with you?" asked Rose.

She chuckled nervously. "What?"

"You know... how is it? Good, bad? Is it kinky? Does she like it rough?"