Bonus 2

There was a knock on the door of the Jingshi just as they were getting ready for bed. Lan Zhan went to open the door, and XiChen entered, looking a little flustered.

XiChen never looked flustered.

"Mn?" Lan Zhan asked after both he and Wei Ying had bowed in greeting.

"I know it's late, but could you attend to one last night hunt before we set off? Jiang Cheng has returned to Lotus Pier for last minute checking, and Li Li is unsettled without him."

"JingYi? Other juniors?"

Normally, Lan Zhan would never make excuses or try to get out of duties, thus both XiChen and Wei Ying stared at him for a moment.

"I'm sure we can deal with whatever it could be." Wei Ying added quickly.

"That would be better. The case is an unusual one, and I'm not sure if the juniors will be able to deal with it."

"What is it, Xiongzhang?" Lan Zhan was all professional now.

"It seems to be a haunting, two peaks away to the east. The locals have reported a strange greenish fog that settles come twilight, and then all manner of noises come from within. If it was just a creature, I would send the juniors, but I think this calls for more experienced cultivation."

"We can leave in the next half hour." Wei Ying nodded.

"Mn."

"Then I will bid you good night. Li Li is waiting for me." XiChen smiled gratefully at them and left.

"Now, my darling husband, why didn't you want to go?" Wei Ying draped himself all over Lan Zhan, his fingers reaching up to smooth the wrinkle between his brows.

"No reason." Lan Zhan wouldn't look at him.

"Not that I don't believe you, but...I don't believe you..." Wei Ying kissed those irresistible lips softly. "Please tell me."

"I...did not feel like it. That is all." His words were so matter-of-fact, that it was hard to doubt him.

"Alright...if you don't feel like it, then you don't feel like it, and that's fine." Wei Ying reassured him. "I suppose, as a senior, you're allowed to feel like that, to want someone else to do the job or whatever, once in a while. It's just...unexpected...coming from you. That's all."

"Wanted to lie down. With Wei Ying." He admitted, finally, his ears giving him away.

"Really?" Wei Ying crowed, kissing his nose. "You're so cute when you get embarrassed. These..." He reached up to kiss those hot ears, "are just delicious looking. Come, the sooner we finish up, the sooner we can lie down together."

"Mn."

Wei Ying picked up Bichen and Chenqing, tucking the latter into his belt and handing the sword over to his husband. Just before he passed it, he had the naughtiest of thoughts, and kissed the hilt, all the while maintaining eye contact with the suddenly dark amber eyes.

Lan Zhan grabbed him, pulling him in for another kiss, this time bruising and fast, a rush to convey how much that one small act could set him off. When he let go of him, there was plenty of whining, but Lan Zhan smirked and took Bichen in hand as if nothing was amiss.

Wei Ying took his hand and they left.

The air was crisp and refreshing, not quite cold, but Wei Ying was grateful for the strong arms holding him close against a warm chest. Too many pranks and pushing of patience levels in his husband meant he was no longer allowed to be carried from the back. But Wei Ying was nothing if not creative.