Chapter 29 Old Friend

Wei Ying took a step back.

"I...er...wasn't...um..." Wei Ying stuttered to a stop, swallowing thickly.

Lan Zhan took a single step forward.

Wei Ying took one back, furtively eyeing all exits.

"What. Was. Wei. Ying. Going. To. Say?" Each word was enunciated.

"Nothing..." he whispered, taking one more step away.

"Definitely something..." Lan Zhan took two steps forward.

Wei Ying saw his clenched fist holding Bichen.

Lan Zhan was really mad this time.

"It's platonic, I swear it!" He couldn’t take the tension any more and yelped, making a run for it.

But Lan Zhan was incredible.

Fast. Efficient. Powerful.

He grabbed a squealing Wei Ying and opened the door to the Jingshi, even as the naughty man tried to wriggle away, he was slammed against the bare wall, and kissed to within an inch of his life. Lan Zhan added an extra sharp bite to teach him a lesson too, not bothering to soothe it after.

He stood back admiring his work, while Wei Ying bent over, trying to catch his breath.

But it wasn't over yet.

He made the mistake of catching his eye. 

Lan Zhan looked dangerous. Wei Ying felt like a helpless deer facing a hunter with no escape to be found.

Those golden eyes, normally filled with warmth and love and adoration, were predatory.

Wei Ying, keeping one eye on the wild man, searched for a way out, but there was none.

So he did the only thing he could: he ran towards the problem.

It was unexpected and totally caught Lan Zhan off guard, even though he was able to catch him effortlessly. Wei Ying attacked first, a vigorous assault on soft lips, devouring each breath until they were both starved of oxygen. Slowly, Lan Zhan sank to the floor, still kissing him senseless.

When he had the chance, Wei Ying spoke.

"You don't have to be jealous. At all. You must know how much I love you."

Lan Zhan pouted unintentionally. Eyes cast down, he looked miserable.

"My love." Wei Ying coaxed.

But the Jade refused to look up.

"Lan Zhan, my one and only, I'm so so sorry. I will not ever say those words to anyone else. In any lifetime. I swear it."

Silence.

"Lan Zhan! Lan-er-gege! Gege! A-Zhan! Please believe me!"

"Wei Ying must pinky promise." He said, finally, holding out his finger.

Wei Ying thought he was adorable.

He kissed the finger that was held out, and then he kissed his own finger, and after he twisted it together and formed a heart, he kissed both their hands.

"Okay? Are we good now?"

"Mn."

Wei Ying went to stand up, but Lan Zhan held on to his hand.

"What?"

Quick as a flash, Lan Zhan had taken off his forehead band and wrapped it around his wrist, and then he grabbed a flustered Wei Ying and threw him onto their bed, following him there. With a proficient skill, he managed to tie a struggling husband to their bedpost.