Chapter 87 Soul Bond

Wei Ying knew exactly when Lan Zhan arrived.

His soul called him forth, a yearning he was powerless stop, a natural reaction to his close proximity. His eyes snapped open, clashing with golden ones filled with just as much love and devotion.

He was not aware of moving but suddenly Lan Zhan was right there, and it was as if they hadn't been apart, not even for a second.

And those lips...

How could he not kiss him, this beautiful man who was right here?!

And something special happened when their lips touched, the equivalent of a switch being thrown on, because the light that spread was so strong, it was a miracle they weren't blinded, having already closed their eyes.

Power surged through the both of them, lifting them up, and yet all Wei Ying could think, was that this was it, this feeling was everything. The soft but intoxicating scent of sandalwood heightened his senses, and he realised it was synonymous with his lover, as his soul rose to greet the other part of himself. They were one, complete and content, just happy to be together.

Naturally his arms came around him, and he could feel Lan  Zhan holding him closer, their hearts beating together, touching with only their robes in the way.

When he opened his eyes, they were no longer in that deep dark place, but in the cavernous room they had found Li XiWang's parents in. When they broke apart, Wei Ying had to rest his forehead against the strong chest that was always ready for him.

"Is Wei Ying alright?"

The beloved deep voice, so filled with caring, brought tears to his eyes.

"I love you so much, my Lan Zhan. More than I can ever say...because words are stupid and useless." He looked up to find Lan Zhan smiling in that faint way of his, when he was amused. "What?"

Lan Zhan swooped in and kissed his nose, making him giggle.

"Much better."

An uncouth voice broke into their thoughts, and for the first time, they realised they were not alone.

Wei Ying saw Li XiWang and Hui Gai first, and he ran towards them. Li XiWang scrambled out of one pair of arms into the next, holding on as if her life depended on it.

"My lovely little rabbit, you're safe." Wei Ying whispered next to her ear, calming her shivering body.

Lan Zhan spotted JingYi, who unconsciously reached for Zhitiao's hand the moment he made eye contact.

"Why are you here?" Lan Zhan asked, in that direct way of his.

"We all wanted to come and find you." Li XiWang said, tearfully. "Zhitiao was worried about Yezi, and JingYi didn't want her to come alone."

"Mn. Good." Lan Zhan replied, the faint smile returning when he heard the not so quiet sigh of relief from the young Lan.

"But Little rabbit, how come you are here? It's dangerous...and I want to know who's idea it was." Wei Ying’s voice became dangerously low at the end, as he looked around at the perpetrators.

"Oge wanted to find Hui Gai, and she couldn't leave Klem with anyone else, because...you know...fart monster," she whispered that last bit, but everyone heard her.

"Oge is here?" Wei Ying asked, urgently. "And Klem? This is sounding worse and worse."

"Agreed. What shall we do?" Hui Gai asked him.

"Have you grown?" Wei Ying asked him, incredulously, noticing his size for the first time.

Hui Gai just smiled smugly.

Li XiWang tugged his hair. "What are we going to do?"

"Right." Wei Ying looked around the room, counting. "Hui Gai, how many people can you teleport at the same time?"

"I'm not leaving!" Li XiWang cried, and her voice was joined by Zhitiao and Hongse.

"Listen to me." Wei Ying cupped her little face. "It's too dangerous here. Yao Wang is not to be trusted, and he will use any means to get us at a disadvantage. The safest place for you right now, is Cloud Recesses. You must understand that. Don't you think we can look after ourselves?" Wei Ying kissed her forehead.

Li XiWang reached for Lan Zhan, hugging him tightly when he took her into his arms. But she was listening.

"My little rabbit, we need you to look after our guests. They can't stay here, and they're both injured. We need to get them to safety. And I believe you have some medicine you brought especially from Heping, your home, just before we left. You may be able to help them and us, much more by doing what you're good at. Actually, not just good, you are excellent at curing people. It is what you are born to do. Do you understand, my love?" Wei Ying kept his voice as soothing as he could, hoping she would not make this any more difficult than it already was.

He was lucky, because she was nodding. No smile yet.

"Hui Gai, please take the Seventh dragon king and Li XiWang first, she can ready the healers and show them her medicines. In the meantime, we can check what to do about that cage." Wei Ying kissed her cheek just as Lan Zhan kissed the top of her head.

"Little rabbit, tell SiZhui and Jin Ling not to worry. We will be back as soon as we can. Mn?" Lan Zhan told her in a voice only she could hear.

"Okay, fathers. I will do as you say." She gave them a little smile, but it was enough.

"I'm so proud of you, my love. You're such a good daughter." Wei Ying told her.

Hui Gai slung the Seventh dragon King over his shoulder, and held Li XiWang's hand as she waved, just before they disappeared.

Wei Ying turned to the cage.

"Now, let's tackle this mystery."

WangXian Forever 6जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें