Chapter 144 Investigations

Wei Ying was distracted.

Lan Zhan pushed the cup of green tea towards him again.

He didn't pick it up.

So Lan Zhan picked him up and settled him into his lap, feeling much better that Wei Ying was this close now. Something warm and just right eased inside of him, and he lifted a finger under Wei Ying's chin so he could look into those beautiful silver eyes.

"What is Wei Ying thinking about?"

His eyes cleared immediately and he leaned in for a sweet kiss.

"I'm sorry...I was just...I was just thinking." He confessed. He glanced around at the tea cup and held it so Lan Zhan could take a sip, before finishing it off.

Lan Zhan poured some more for him.

"About?"

"Rumi." Wei Ying snuggled closer, resting his cheek on the strong shoulder.

Warm arms came around him, holding him nearer, and he relaxed fully, feeling secure.

"What about him?"

"I was wondering about his issues with water...he doesn't even drink milk, and technically that's a food. Won't that be a problem if we all go to the seaside?" He sighed.

"Mn. Did not even drink water in the Nether world." Lan Zhan remembered.

"You're right...at the time, I didn't think much of it...but I think we should find out as much about it as we can."

"Call Hui Gai."

Sparkling silver eyes looked back at his golden ones in shock.

"Really?"

"Really."

Wei Ying laughed out loud in delight. When Lan Zhan wanted to be funny, no one could match him in satire.

"My, you have made an improvement there. Hui Gai told me you hugged him. By yourself." Wei Ying glanced at the gradually pinking ears, wanting to tease him more.

"Only because he led me to you. Tenth hell." The fear of that time returned to haunt his golden irises.

Teasing forgotten, Wei Ying held his precious face gently and slanted his lips over Lan Zhan's. He could never get over how soft they were, even when their kisses turned demanding, bruising in his affections to give more, take more, love more.

Was that even possible? Their love burned brightly like a hot fire on a winter's day, the light that guided in the dark, the illumination in their souls burning only for each other. This feeling was priceless, to know that Lan Zhan would always have his back, and Wei Ying would for him.

"Thank you...I know you hate me saying that...but it's how I feel. Thank you for coming to get me then, and every single time you have."

"It is not needed." Lan Zhan refuted stubbornly, his golden eyes blazing adamantly. "Wei Ying will always be looked for, will always be found. Cannot live without Wei Ying."

"My love, my heart, I cannot live without you either." Wei Ying kissed him again. "But if I continue to sit here, we'll end up not being able to call Hui Gai." Reluctantly, he sat next to Lan Zhan, who pulled him closer quickly.

"Cannot stop touching Wei Ying." Lan Zhan admitted.

"I know, and I love it. But why do you think that is?" His silver eyes searched the those other's, wondering what it could be.

"Need to know Wei Ying is safe...is here."

Those words broke his heart a little and he couldn't resist kissing him again, wanting to reassure Lan Zhan that he was right there.