Chapter (29): Sudden News

Start from the beginning

Once Emily got out, Wren chuckled at herself at how she handled Emily... for now.

.................................................

At 2:00 O'clock sharp, Wren was so submerged in her work that she didn't notice the time and then all of a sudden the door burst open and Emily entered startling Wren, nearly giving her a heart attack.

"Jesus Christ, woman!" She closed her eyes regaining her breath slowly. "Emily what the hell is wrong with you? Haven't you learned how to knock?"

"Sorry." She gave her an apologetic smile and Wren sighed taking off her glasses. "It's 2:00."

"Huh?" She was clueless right now.

"You said when it's 2O'clock we will go to the café down the street with Monique."

"Oh, yeah, right."

She closed her laptop, took her phone in her pocket and wore her jacket as Emily was waiting for her by the elevator. Wren walked to Georgina's desk with a small smile that she returned.

"Call me if something came up." She walked over to Emily as the elevator escalated. Emily turned around and locked her eyes on Georgina's, smiling devilishly in victory and Georgina scowled at her, feeling angry.

Once they arrived the café, Monique spotted them and waved at them to come over. They took a seat at the table and Monique lowered her coffee cup, looking at Wren before she gave the waiter her request.

"Emily called and said that you have something to tell us."

"Can I go first?" asked Emily and Wren motioned with her hand to go first, giving her the permission to speak. "Well, Wren..." She cleared her throat. "Without further ado..." Monique chuckled at her being all respectable and cut to the chase. "Dave moved in with me last night."

Wren's eyes went wide while Monique smiled at her. "Congrats!" they said happily.

"Finally that guy will stay with his girl." said Wren. Emily and Monique chuckled. "He's treating you right, isn't he?"

"Yes. He's behaving and if he misbehaved I know how to teach him a lesson." she said dreamingly while Monique almost choked on her coffee while Wren laughed.

"So, Wren. What is it that you wanna say? And I hope it doesn't involve 'teaching someone a lesson'." asked Monique, giving a glare to Emily who smiled cheekily at her.

Wren smiled back and forth between them, then took a deep breath before speaking. "You know the feeling when someone shows up in your life and you feel that you're ready for something big that will change your life completely and turn it upside down but in a good way." They nodded. "Well, I found someone who gave me that feeling an-"

"God! I swear if you're talking about Georgina, I'll slap you right here right now, Wren!" said Monique and Wren's face turned confused.

"What? N-"

"Yeah, Wren I can't believe you'll leave Madeline! I mean what the hell is wrong with you?" Emily snapped at her, making Wren raise her eyebrows in confusion.

"I'm gonna go up to that bitch and kill her! I knew she was bad news!" said Monique getting up, angrily.

"Guys!" said Wren grabbing their attention. "I'm not talking about Georgina! I'm talking about Madeline!"

"Ohhhh" they both said feeling embarrassed and Monique sat back down after looking around at the people who looked at their table weirdly.

"Why did you assume that I was talking about Georgina? How did you ever think that I'd leave someone like Madeline for Georgina? You two are insane!" She crossed her arms giving them glares.