59 | One

☪ O N E ✝

━━━─── • ───━━━

*Amir*

"I created you from one soul, and from that one soul I created you its mate, so that you may live in harmony and love." Qur'an 7 18:9

Amir could sense Luna's presence somewhere behind him. She and Mr. Carlyle's steps were very light, so light, he almost wanted to turn around to make sure he wasn't dreaming. His companion was near him, and he couldn't wait to see her beautiful soul. He turned around immediately after Sarah had finished tossing flowers to the ground. Luckily, Vikram was capturing this moment on his phone, because Amir would like to see what he'd missed.

Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed two extra guests sitting in the back row, holding hands and waving. Cyrus and Gabi looked delighted to see his wedding. Amir hadn't been able to talk to his friend for the last few days, but he was glad he and Gabi showed up. Cyrus had even worn a dark black suit, with a red tie in the front, and she had worn a long red dress, with her dark hair curled and hanging down her left side.

Bhatti Sahib prayed for Amir and Luna's ceremony and their life together as one, including Sarah. As she heard her name being spoken, she giggled in Maryam's lap. He smiled at that.

As Amir stood on the stage, the guys had brought a long drape to cover his side while he was ushered to sit in a designated chair. From the sunlight casting against the window of the house, he could see Luna's shadow on the other side, taking her seat. Irfan asked Luna's wali to come forward, and Amir watched as Mr. Carlyle stepped in front of the drape and stood at attention.

"Mr. Carlyle. As Luna's wali, you have read over the Nikah and agree to it?" Bhatti Sahib asked Lawrence. Amir's heart was pounding, standing so close to his father-in-law.

"Yes, I have," Lawrence answered, and sweat was imminent on Amir's neck.

"Do you give your daughter, Luna Reneé Carlyle, to Amir Ibrahim Khan in marriage?"

"Yes. I do. I, Lawrence Nathaniel Carlyle, give my daughter, Luna Reneé Carlyle, to Amir Ibrahim Khan, the son of Nasir and Maryam Khan, in front of all these witnesses and with the agreed-upon document, as Allah is our best witness."

Bhatti Sahib then turned toward Amir and gestured for him to speak. "And I, Amir Ibrahim Khan, accept your daughter, Luna Reneé Carlyle, in marriage, as Allah is our best witness."

Maryam stood up and handed Amir's envelope with his check to Luna on the other side of the sheet. He heard her murmur "Shukria" as she laid it on her lap. He was so glad there was a shadow casting beside her because he could see her amazing silhouette, and he loved it when she spoke his language.

Irfan then began the Nikah proceedings and said a few prayers and passages from the Qur'an. A few moments had passed, and he walked around, then asked Luna if she was consenting to the marriage willingly. Amir was sure she'd been asked that already, but it needed to be heard by every witness.

"Qubool hai."

"Qubool hai."

"Qubool hai!"

Luna yelled loudly at that last part. She'd announced her acceptance of Amir's hand in marriage and repeated it loud and clear. His heart throbbed when he heard her speak. He was then handed the Nikah contract by Bhatti Sahib, and he signed everywhere necessary. He was beyond ready to begin their lives together as he glanced over and saw from the shadow of her hand signing her sections, too. He couldn't wait to see how she looked, because he knew Mera had fixed her up nice and beautiful with Henna. He thought it would look wonderful on Luna's gorgeous, fair skin.