{Book One} 1 | Discovery

🔸

~ For those of you who like to do a FTR (First Time Reading), you can do it here to keep things in order. 😀 --->

>> Not a werewolf or supernatural storyline. <<

• Amir •

Amir •

Islamabad, Pakistan

There wasn't anything like seeing a dead body floating on the water. Amir sighed as he removed the Silver Angelfish from his office aquarium. He treated his pet like a child and prioritized their needs.

It was July 8th, the day after his thirty-third birthday, and he couldn't keep his eyes open. His family held a karaoke contest at Pakistani Delights, their favorite café. Even though his relatives wanted him to sing professionally, he didn't. He wanted science, not entertainment. After completing his MBBS from Rawalpindi Medical University and focusing on genetics, he worked at Islamabad's Bukhari Research Facility with supportive coworkers.

Amir was in the middle of replying to a distant relative on his phone when he heard a masculine voice down the hallway from his office, causing him to place the phone on his desk.

It must be Faisal giving a tour, he thought, hearing his cousin's incoherent sound.

As he neared a doorway, Faisal was laughing about the night before. Amir was nervous about his performance and didn't want to be known as a musician.

When he heard a woman laugh, it surprised him.

The woman said, "Your cousin sounds like a great singer."

Faisal responded, "Amir is, but no one can convince him of that. He is persistent about becoming the CEO. His ambitions are good, but his voice could make him millions."

Amir wondered who she was as she giggled again. Instead of wasting time standing around, he took a step forward and waved. A blonde woman with a lovely smile stood next to Faisal.

Faisal said, "Hey."

Amir watched the woman fidget. While standing straight, her eyes drifted along the wall paintings.

He smiled at Faisal and her. But this made his mouth open even wider.

His cousin acted like a celebrity who had just walked in.

"What, Faisal?" Amir grabbed a bottle of grape juice. "This is mine," he said, wondering why Faisal was shocked. "I brought it . . . from home. What is with you?"