27 | Delusions

━━━─── • ───━━━

Liberty •

Once Liberty parked her car in the hospital's parking lot and turned off the engine, she then gazed up at the tall building, staring at it. 

It was twenty stories high, with brick walls and shatter-proof windows. A large yard with a thirty-foot fence was wrapped around it, and several trees settled around rotted picnic tables making the scene look like something out of a horror story. She shivered in her spot when she noticed an overcast of dark clouds rolling in.

It wasn't busy on the access road, but guards were lined up in several parts of the property, with cameras and security systems pointed in every direction.

When she stepped out of her car, she noticed a line of female patients walking from one part of the facility to another building between two fences. A strong beam of sunlight cast down on them.

"Hey!" a male voice boomed from behind her.

She turned around on her heel and spotted Vikram standing there with a light blue polo shirt and jeans. "You're here." 

"Yeah. The Uber just dropped me off," he replied, giving her a soft hug and kiss. Then he peeked in on Sarah and smiled at her.

"I was going to come to get you. I wanted to check this place out real quick." 

"It's okay, baby. I'm here now. So, what did you find out?" 

"Chase is guilty of something, other than admitting Luna into St. Matthew's." 

Vikram furrowed his brows. "What do you mean?" 

Liberty refilled Sarah's sippy cup with sugar-free cool-aid, then handed it to her and walked around the back of the car to talk to him. 

"I confronted him, and he threw his hat off his head. He stomped on it like someone lost a game in baseball. The wind blew the dirt off the ground and I was just driving away, staring at him through my mirror. I believe he hurt my sister physically."

Vikram groaned as he slammed his fist against a tree.

Liberty jumped, heart pounding.

"Sorry, baby. I feel like going on a Chase-Hunt and doing things to him that would make him regret he was ever born."

"Me too," she said, peering into the window, checking on Sarah, who was watching her favorite movie, Beauty and The Beast on Liberty's phone. "That's not all."

"Oh, God. What else?" he breathed heavily.

"I found pills."

"Pills?"

"Yeah. While Chase was downstairs with Sarah getting her a snack, I was in Luna's bedroom, and I stumbled upon a small tan box under the bed. I found several tiny pill bottles, all marked in her name."

"Luna was taking medication?"

Liberty nodded. "Not under her birth name, Luna Carlyle, but Luna Marquette. The medication I found was heavy sedatives. Benzodiazepine, and Valiums. Chase had been drugging Luna since they met."