That's a Wrap! The Tethered Trilogy Is Complete!

* July 12, 2023

Since I began writing this series in May 2019, the Tethered Ones storyline has officially concluded, with Amir and Luna struggling to be together. I'm grateful to everyone who has read this narrative from beginning to end, followed the characters' ups and downs, and been amazed by the many twists. I let the characters guide me because I didn't know where these scenarios would go. I'm grateful that you've joined The Tethered Ones' fight for liberation.

Liberty's typical perspective was unnecessary for Book Three because the premise was being tethered. Her breakthrough moment in Illinois startled everyone, even the author. This was also why Book Three had two povs in some chapters. While Amir and Luna are together, their perspectives had to be conveyed. After I finished writing this series, everything flowed smoothly, and I was pleased with the ending.

This series was a lot of fun. There was laughter, excitement, fear, and everything in between. Titus, Zander, Faisal/Cami, Vikram/Liberty, Amir and Luna's children, and Sam with Chase will be featured in future stories. Last minute, I gave Chase, a major supervillain, a teeny redemption card. In their final battle, Chase cured Luna's poison. He deserved atonement more than Sam because Sam missed out on years of his daughter getting to know her biological father. He also deserved nothing. Compared to Chase, Sam was despicable.

I had a lot of fun creating Titus (character inspired by a reader @TGR20-16 ) and bringing his personality to life. He was from a cluster of Hybrids in England, but he had gone astray and was living peacefully in the South of the United States. Then there was Zander, a former BARDA agent who was put in charge of watching over Selena, only to fall in love with her and leave the organization. I enjoyed creating him.

Readers and relatives of mine inspired many characters. I'm not sure how they'd react if I revealed them in my final author's note. Some readers liked my story so much that I created characters inspired by them. This was my way of expressing my appreciation for you.

For readers without Wattpad accounts who can click on my book's link, I combined all three novels into one book. Having three volumes in one also helps the audience stay engaged and continue to the next scene.

Writers can voice their opinions and stories on this online platform. Because this book has over 180 parts now, I don't want to add more chapters unless they're meaningful. One book can have 200 parts, so I may release a book with character/bio pages like those on the Fandom website and others. For now, I'll breathe and focus on other stories to write. (I have a ton of storylines in my internal arsenal. Ha-ha)

Thank you to my friend and Tethered Soul supporter, @Muaazics , who also inspired the character, Cyrus Shah, for assisting me in enhancing my world and lending an ear for feedback. I sincerely appreciate your guidance and support.

To my husband, @ChasMedaries , thank you for being the most supportive spouse I could possibly want since we met over twenty years ago. I'm beyond grateful to have you in my life.

Thank you to everyone for reading my author's message. I appreciate every person. Keep an eye out for updates regarding my spin-offs and anything else I write. You are all the greatest.

~ Lily Mitchell, author of the Tethered Trilogy 💫

Q:  Where Did The Idea Of Tethered Souls Come From?

Answer? People have asked me where Tethered Souls came from. My favorite TV show, Sense8, ended after two seasons in 2018. The show featured telepathic characters. I wanted another telepathic plot (like, really badly), so I thought of having two characters paired instead of a larger group. In the fall of 2018, I met Adnan from Pakistan ( @i_Am_Adnan ), Amir's brother's inspiration, in a Facebook fan group for the series. We quickly became friends and discovered that we share more than just our love of the program that brought us together.

I then wanted two international characters to be able to mentally communicate. Within four years, elements in the plot grew. Some of the abilities of my characters were inspired by the TV show Heroes, with completely different character arcs. That show focused on numerous superhumans. The TV show, Stranger Things, inspired BARDA's facilities. Some movies and TV shows inspired me, but most of my scenes and plot lines came naturally. I was afraid to just start writing the book series without an outline, but I did it. I'll change and delete most of Book One. The storyline has to be tightened and Chase's big villain reveal should happen sooner. 

So, this is what gave rise to the idea for the plot of the storyline. All I knew was that I craved conflict, passion, and mayhem, along with twists! My favorite story arc I created was bringing characters back from the dead when they were depicted to have died. The ending of Book Two made me cry for three seconds before I laughed and thought, "It's too soon for them [my characters] to leave the story. They can't go to the afterlife like this." And then, I continued dreaming up ways to bring my favorites back into the storyline. Faisal, for instance, resurfaced after being declared "dead." It is all in a writer's work. 

• • • Current book status: 27K reads/5,700 votes
What is my book's status when you get to this point? :)