Chapter (26): The Visitor

Start from the beginning

"You know... you could go to work. You don't need to babysit me."

Madeline turned to her smiling. "I know that. Thank you. But you should get back to bed and rest."

She chuckled. "I feel fine, that's why I want you to go. And... I don't know, do something else rather than watching me all day."

Madeline walked to her and tip toed, giving her a kiss on the cheek. "I'm not going anywhere and you're still sick and in recovery. So long story short... I'm staying." She ruffled her hair.

"Okay if you say so. I'm gonna pass out on the couch or watch something, wanna join me?"

"Sure."

They walked together, hand in hand to the couch and were about to sit but the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it." said Madeline, walking to the door while Wren rested on the couch.

She opened the door and found Monique and Elise with smiles across their faces.

"Hey, guys."

She gave both of them a hug. "What are you doing here?"

"We heard about Wren, so we wanted to pay our patient a visit." said Monique.

"Sure, come on in."

She opened the door widely for them and they walked over to Wren who was sleeping on the couch with the hood covering her head.

"Hey, sleepy head." said Monique sitting with Elise on the couch across from Wren's.

"How you doing, pal?" asked Elise.

"Exhausted but alive. Thanks."

Madeline came to the room and Wren gave her a space to sit and then laid her head on her lap.

"Yeah, I can see why you're alive. Your angel of mercy was with you." said Monique, shooting her a wink. "But still you look like crap, Wren."

"Thanks." she said confidently, looking up at Madeline. "How did you know that I was sick anyway. I'm pretty sure I didn't tell anyone except..." Wren stopped talking when she came up with the conclusion. "It's Emily, isn't it?"

They nodded at her and she chuckled. "Jesus, that woman has some ears."

Monique shook her head. "Not just that. I came by your office today thinking that you were there but you weren't. We figured you'd be here in your house and it's weird because you never leave your office even when you look like crap."

"Well, thank you once again for that lovely compliment but I don't think I'll go to the office today since Madeline here is fully taking care of me. If I tried to escape from her, she'll pull me by my ear, dragging me back all the way home."

Elise chuckled at them. "I guess both of us picked some fierce women, Wren."

Monique looked at Elise with a glare and Madeline did the same with Madeline.

"What?" Both Elise and Wren said in unison to their girlfriends.

"Well..." said Monique getting up from the couch, followed by Elise. "Since you look okay and you have your guardian angel right with you, we're leaving."

"But you just came." said Madeline.

"I know, we just wanted to check up on Wren."

"Get well soon." said Elise and Monique waved at Wren.

"I'll walk you guys to the door." said Madeline.

Madeline was walking Elise and Monique to the door and right before she opened the door, Monique turned to Madeline with a smile.