【66】

Walking back into the house after my shift with Reg, I see only Maggie inside, scanning through the fridge. Setting my books down at the table, she turns to look, a candy bar in her mouth.

"Hey," she greets with a mouthful, "You're back early."

"Reg said there were some technical problems and went talk to Deanna about it. I got off early and I'm supposed to tell you that Deanna said to feel better and she hopes you're back in the morning," I explain, climbing to sit at the counter bar.

"I will," she nods, "I feel a lot better, last night was just a lot."

"It was," I agree.

Maggie's eyes narrow and she slowly closes the fridge door, leaning over the counter to look at me closer.

"Do we need to talk?" she asks, resting her elbows on the counter and taking a bite of her candy bar, "Or did you and Taeyang really come back here for you to do his makeup?"

I purse my lips, looking at my lap as I offer, "A lot of idols wore makeup.. It's normal."

"That's fair but, something tells me there was more to it than a makeover party," she hums.

She rests her hands down, her eyebrow quirking up, "You know you can talk to me, right? We can keep this between just you and I. Not even Glenn has to know if you're not comfortable."

"What is there to talk about?" I question.

"Well, for starters, I want to make sure that you're safe. That you're being healthy and smart about anything you have or haven't done."

"We didn't-"

"I'm not saying you went that far. I just want to make sure you're safe when it does or if it does happen," she cuts me off, her words staying delicate.

"It's Taeyang," I remind.

"I know. And believe me, if there's anyone on this world that I trust with you- it's Taeyang. But, you're both teens and things get.. confusing sometimes."

I nod, twiddling my thumbs in a circle around each other, "We kissed. Twice."

I risk a glance up to her to find a large smile on her face- her teeth trying to capture the bottom one to no avail as she couldn't hold it back.

"After the party and then last night when he came to pick me up from work."

She claps her hands despite the candy bar, inching even closer, "How was it? How do you feel?"

I laugh, her excitement and the conversation itself making me feel giddy like I was the one on a sugar rush instead.

"It was.." I begin, that greed for more returning that I try to suppress, "Wow."

Maggie giggles, her free hand covering her mouth and a soft sound escaping, "Aww.."

"And now I feel.. A lot," I admit.

"Mhm.. You usually do after something like that. It's a big thing for someone."

"I mean," I sigh, resting my arm across the counter, "It was good. Great, you know? I've.. I've wanted that. And I knew that I wanted it, but doing it made me realize I wanted it more than I knew that I wanted it."

My words were scrambled, my own brain struggling to keep up. But, Maggie only nodded in understanding.

"But, then I just remember the scary side, like the stuff outside getting in the way. Like, there had to be a reason we only just took this step here, right? We've known each other this long, but only now behind these walls did anything happen. So, if we're back out there, will it fall apart again?"