【141】

"We need to tell Maggie," Taeyang decides.

"Telling Maggie is the last thing we need to do," I argue, hiding my face in my hands.

"Hana, someone is threatening you. I get that you don't want to stress her out, but Maggie is still our leader and she needs to know that someone dangerous is inside the walls," Taeyang tries to talk sense.

"She could go into labor any second now, Tyang," I remind, looking up at him, "Just.. We can figure it out. You and I. If need be.. I mean.. I can tell my dad, too. Tina, Daniel, Jesus, Daryl.. Just now Maggie. Not yet."

Taeyang glances back to the table where the photo and letter lay, sighing and running his hand over his mouth, "And what happens when we figure out who's doing it? There has to be punishment."

"I know, I do. But, it's clearly something about Negan and that cuts down the numbers on who it could be," I assure, trying to get the sight of the picture out of my head, "We'll figure it out. We know what it's over now, so it should be easier."

I stand up from the couch, walking over to him, "Just no Maggie. Not right now."

Taeyang nods, pulling me into another hug, "You're the one going through this yet you're trying to comfort me. Should be the other way around."

I could pull a faint smile, wrapping my arms around his waist and nuzzling into his chest. The place I felt safe- where I knew I was safe.

"What was it you were doing?" I ask.

"We can talk about it later," he denies, "We should get some rest. Start getting answers first thing in the morning."

"I just need something to get my mind off it for a little," I argue.

"We can talk about it later," he repeats, kissing my head, "Promise."

Though reluctant, I allow myself to be pulled by Taeyang to the bed where we both lay down. Neither of us truly slept even though we tried to make the other believe we were. Both of us were too startled to sleep, both held watchful eyes over the trailer in fear of the secret messenger's sudden arrival.

--

"So it's probably one of those Savior pricks," Daniel figures, a crease in his eyebrows.

"That narrows down the list," Tina agrees, nervously biting her nails.

"And it has to be someone who's staying here at Hilltop," Taeyang adds, "Someone who can get around the place. One note was in Hana's work folder, the other on the bed."

"The picture was the one with this?" Daryl asks, holding up the letter from last night.

I nod and he returns the motion, looking back to the letter- both as I'd given them the one found earlier yesterday.

"They want you to remember something.. It's gotta be you killing Negan," Ben says with a frown, "Why the hell are they mad over that?"

"Negan had those assholes whipped," Daniel reminds.

"Hana, where did you last see it?" Dad asks, "The picture, I mean."

I think back to months ago, shaking my head, "When I killed Negan. I left it with him."

"Oh shit.." Ben mutters, closing his eyes and sighing.

"What?" I question.

"I'm not saying he's the one.. But.." he exhales, cringing at his thoughts.

"Anything is a lead right now," Daryl assures.

"It's just.. Alden was with us on that run to the Sanctuary. And I'd say he's one of the most trusted ex-Saviors we have around here," Ben names.