【99】

Storming into Gregory's office, Maggie tries to calm me down to no avail.

"Hana, we can be civil about it," she attempts.

"I'm gonna shove his own foot up his ass."

"I would like to see it, but that won't fix things," she sighs.

I place my hand on the doorknob, Maggie releasing one more 'Hana!' before I fling it open.

"Ah, Anna.. Listen-"

"Cut the shit Gregory," I snap.

Jesus jumps to his feet from where he was leaning against the desk, eyes looking between Gregory and I.

"I.. I beg your pardon?" Gregory stammers in his seat.

"You're trying to kick Maggie and Tara out?" I question.

"The Saviors know they're from Alexandria. It isn't worth the risk for us Hilltop residents to have them here," he tries to explain.

"They're staying," I state.

"They must leave-"

"You say Hilltop residents like I'm actually a part of this place. Like you think you're my leader."

"Well, considering our recent days spent-"

"Rick Grimes is my leader. Not you, Gregory."

"You have been working here. Your brother is buried just outside my-"

I pick my bat up, slamming the blade down into the desk in front of him, cutting his sentence off. I keep the grip on my bat, leaning closer to him.

"Speak of my brother again," I warn, "I dare you."

Gregory swallows, glancing to the blade wedged in his desk then to me a few times before bringing his hand up to pull at his collar.

"You want me to keep your walls up? Your power on? All of us to keep your shelves stocked and people fed? Maggie and Tara stay here. If you try to kick them out again, I won't hit the desk next time."

With another step closer to him, nearly hovering over Gregory now, I question, "Understood?"

"Hilltop will gladly welcome it's two new residents for as long as they seek asylum," he nods quickly.

"And?"

"And.. And we all send our gratitude to Maggie, Tara, and the rest of you for helping protect our colony last night."

Dropping to a whisper, I remind, "Maggie led everyone last night. You know.. The woman behind me.."

His eyes look into mine and he nods. I stand back up straight, glancing to Maggie over my shoulder who held a scolding, contempt look on her face. Gregory looks to her as well, soon gaining her attention as she glances down to him.

"Thank you.. Maggie.."

"Rhee," she adds, "Maggie Rhee."

"Thank you, Maggie Rhee," Gregory nods.

I step back, jerking my bat's blade out of the desk making Gregory flinch.

"Guys.." Jesus calls, looking out the window.

I glance over, seeing the large truck driving inside the open gates.

"Saviors," Maggie breathes.

"Go find Tara and you two hide," I hurry.

"I've got her," Jesus assures.

"Hana," Maggie calls as he drags her away, "Be careful!"

Jesus drags her into the other room and I spot Tara run inside, Jesus grabbing her before they bustle into another room out of eyesight for me.