【1】

The reunion at the airport was long overdue.

It had been three years since Glenn visited home and I was too young to remember the last time I visited the States.

"Hana!" Glenn smiles, opening his arms out wide.

I hand my bag to our sister before running to him, being swept off my feet in a hug.

"Yah, you're still driving this dump around?" Angela asks, kicking the tire of his car.

"Don't do that! That comes out of my paycheck," Glenn scolds with a frown.

As he sets me back down, I spot the large logo on the side. It wasn't his own vehicle, only one he used from work.

"Are you allowed to use your work car for personal use?" Angela asks as Glenn opens the trunk.

"My boss is a good guy. He understands my situation," Glenn explains, helping her set our bags in.

"Instead of getting handouts from your boss, why don't you just call Dad?" Angela whispers, thinking I couldn't hear them.

"I'm not doing that to mom. I didn't ask to choose sides in the divorce, but I did and I'm on hers," Glenn whispers back, closing the trunk back.

"That doesn't mean he's disowned you, Glenn. Besides, it's been years," she scowls, "If you tell him your situation, he'll help out and-"

"Angela," he voices, "Not now."

The pair look over to me and I raise my eyebrows. "What?"

Glenn laughs, shaking his head and turning back to Angela.

"Now, can I get a hug, noona?" he asks.

Angela scoffs and rolls her eyes but still wraps him in a hug.

"It's been too long," Angela sighs as she pats his back.

"Three years," Glenn agrees.

Once they separate, Glenn opens the back door for me, motioning for me to get in. As I do so and buckle myself up, I take note of the condition of the car.

"It smells like pizza," I say, as Glenn slides into the driver's seat.

"Well, that's what this is for, isn't it?" he teases, looking at me through the rearview mirror.

I poke at the seat, fearing that grease might pour out of it.

"So, what do you want to eat?" Glenn asks, starting up the car, "This your first time in the States in awhile- try something different."

"Pizza," Angela says with a smirk.

"Hana, you're in charge of picking food," Glenn states.

"Bulgogi," I name.

"We had that before we left home, Hana," Angela reminds.

"It's different in America," I defend.

"A lot of things are," Glenn agrees.

"It's not as hectic. We got out of Seoul just in time, the president was calling for a possible quarantine or something. Planes and all haven't stopped going out, but they want to lessen large gatherings," Angela recalls the news she and Dad were talking about.

"There's been nothing about that here," Glenn hums, "Maybe it's another flu outbreak."

"They wouldn't disclose anything outside of that. It's strange," Angela shrugs.