【52】

As Daniel helps Jae through the pikes, my attention turns to the man with wide eyes.

"What did you just say?" I ask, holding my bat up to the walkers.

He doesn't pay attention, still banging on the door, "Let me in! Please!"

Carl.. Michonne..

"I had to see it! I know now!" he screams, "Please! Please, let me in!"

"Hana, some help here!" Daniel calls.

I jump, turning my focus back to the walkers in front of us and helping the guys keep them at bay.

"Carl! Michonne!" the man screams, once again making me short circuit.

Behind us, faint voices are heard before there's a banging from their side of the door. The walkers seemed like an endless pool until the door finally opens behind us.

"Hana!" Michonne screams.

"Michonne," I gasp out.

There was no time for a reunion as the walkers piled in top of the stakes and made their way up.

"Get in!" Carl shouts, grabbing my arm and tugging me inside.

"Guys!" I shout.

Daniel and Jae back up, keeping their weapons up the whole time as the unknown man rushes through the church.

"Hana!" Michonne calls.

I rush to her side as she pulls her sword out. Jae runs by, reloading his gun and Daniel follows to check on the injured man.

"On my go," Michonne leads.

"It's always on your go," I remind, swinging my bat around.

"You're right on that," she nods, giving me a quick smile before shouting, "Go!"

Together, Michonne's sword and my bat swing around wildly, keeping as many walkers back as possible. Just as prior years, it was a teamwork that worked seamlessly.

"The rectory! Come on!" the man shouts.

"Back," Michonne eases me behind her.

Once far enough away, we rush into the room and collide to keep the door closed. Jae curses as he nearly runs straight into a hole in the floor, glaring to the man.

"It's how I got out," the man points, "Crawl under to the back. Just go! Take the little one and go!" 

My brain momentarily stopped working at the reference that I'd known as a name before I realized what that meant.

"Judith?" I ask.

Michonne reaches to her back, tugging Judith's carrier off and handing her to me.

"Judith," I breathe as she whimpers in my arms.

"Go, go, go," Michonne hurries.

Jae rushes into the hole first shouting a quick, "I'll cover the way!"

"Carl!" I call.

He nods, dropping down into the hole and reaching his arms out. Passing Judith to him, he ducks down and crawls out. 

"Wait.. You know..?" Daniel stammers.

"Later, go!" I push at his back, handing him a bag.

He jumps down, and Michonne and I pass the supplies to him before he crawls out the rest of the way.

"Go," Michonne pats my back.

I drop down, crawling through with my bat ahead of me, Daniel grabbing my arm to help me stand once on the other side. Within seconds, Michonne is crawling out as well and Daniel and I help her out.