【79】

As the gates opened back up just a couple hours into cleanup from the attack, I was more than happy to see Michonne and the people she had with her. But, her face told a different story.

"Hana.." she pulls me aside, giving Taeyang a look to stay close as well.

Rosita and Tara followed, concern on their faces building from the look in Michonne's eyes.

"You okay?" I ask, resting my hand on her arm worriedly.

"I'm fine," she nods, "It's uh.. It's.. It's Glenn."

"Glenn?" I repeat.

"We were together and got pinned down. He and Nicholas went off to start a fire at a feed store to redirect the herd on us. He said he'd catch up once it was done but.."

She sighs, avoiding my eyes as she continues. Rosita on the other hand, covers her mouth and blinks away tears while Tara looks to the road under us.

"The fire never started. And he didn't give a sign. And-"

"And he's not with you," I figure out, the puzzle pieces forming a picture that made me sick to my stomach.

" I tried to go so he didn't have to. I argued my head off," she tries, "But, he wouldn't let me."

Taeyang's hand on my back made the world spin. He was tense, maybe more than me.

"You said the fire never went up?" he repeats.

"I'm sorry," Michonne apologizes, her voice breaking as tears fill her eyes, "I'm so sorry."

My hand drops to my side and Michonne gasps out a cry, laying both of her hands on my forearms.

"Hana-"

"No. No," I deny, shaking my head as I swallow the lump away.

"Listen-"

"He's fine," I state.

"He could be," Michonne nods.

"He is," I snap, stepping away from her- I wasn't mad at her for the mission, only that she seemed to have no faith in Glenn's ability to handle himself.

Michonne looked like she was about to argue, or try and comfort me- I wasn't entirely sure.

"Until I see him die, Glenn is alive. Not this maybe- maybe not bullshit. He's alive and I'll go find him if I have to."

"The area is too dangerous," she shakes her head.

"Then, he'll find his own way back, 'Chonne. He's made it through worse. Until there is a body, I'll wait for him to show up at those gates," I point to the door.

As if on cue, someone outside the gates begins to scream, "Open the gates!"

But, I knew the voice wasn't Glenn's as it was too familiar- it was Rick.

"No one tells Maggie," I point demandingly, "This is the last thing she needs right now. Until we know for sure, no one says a word about this to her."

There was confusion, but the small group around me agrees before we rush to the gates and open them up. As Rick ran in, it was like he brought the herd with him as there were hundreds following behind him.

Once he was safely inside, he collapses to the ground, coughing as he tries to regain his steady breathing back.

"Bring a parade with you?" Michonne asks him.

"Don't," he heaves.

And just outside, the hundreds of walkers begin banging on the walls as they growled- louder than any herd I'd ever witnessed before.