【133】

As Rosita and Sasha kneeled over me with ripped up shirts and jackets as a makeshift cloth, I could hardly hear the conversation happening around me.

"Most will surrender now that Negan is dead," Julie says with hope.

"Yeah, but that leaves Simon in charge. The only good thing about Negan being in charge was the he kept more people alive to work for him- Simon is looking for any excuse to do a slaughter," Cyndie reminds.

"Simon never bided by Negan's rules- I didn't know it went that deep, though," Alden comments.

Julie goes to argue or something until I myself cut her off- an involuntary scream of pain leaving my mouth as Rosita ties the sleeve around my side. Taeyang eases his arms under my head, placing his mouth near my ear and shushing soothingly. With my less injured hand, I grip his sleeve tightly, finding that I couldn't bend my fingers on my left hand.

"I.. Oh shit..: Rosita gasps out, "I think you might have broken ribs, Hana."

"God, I could've told you that," I hiss through clenched teeth, burying my face in Taeyang's chest.

"We shouldn't have let her go alone!" Jae knocks his hand against the truck, "Fucks sake.."

"Look, maybe the others got Carson back! Everything will be fine!" Sasha tries to contain the chaos.

"Sure, as soon as we roll up to a war field already!" Daniel argues, "We don't know what we're going into other than a gunfight and tainted weapons."

"Maybe we-" Michonne begins only for the truck to lurch to the side with the sound of a gunshot.

Dianne throws her arm over Amber and her mother to keep them from falling over, Kathy and Cyndie grabbing hold of Eduardo who had been shot in the shoulder amid the fight to make it outside. When I start to roll from the momentum, Daniel places his hand near my shoulder and leaning over me to shield me from the force.

The truck comes to a sudden stop, panicked looks going around.

"What the he-" was all Michonne could get out before gunfire sounds from in front of the truck.

"They're blocking the road!" Kathy shouts from the passenger seat as I hear dad's gun going off, "They shot the tires!"

"Oh, you've gotta be fucking kidding me!" Rosita hisses, reaching over for a gun.

The others begin to protest, but Rosita ignores everyone in favor of jumping out of the truck and firing relentlessly.

"Rosita! Goddammit!" Sasha hisses, picking up her gun and going after her.

Dianne and Michonne jump to their feet, weapons of their own being pulled out as they leave.

"Taeyang go, I've got Hana," Jae urges.

"I-"

"Tyang, I'm okay- just.. Just watch their weapons," I plead.

Taeyang internally argues with himself before bending down to kiss my head, all but jumping out of the back of the truck.

"I've got him," Daniel assures, following out afterward.

Eduardo, Gabriel, Jae, Amber, Amber's mother, and the other three wives were the only ones left in the back of the truck, Jae kneeling at the edge with his gun up as guard.

I rest my head against the wooden bottom of the box truck, eyes closing in frustration and pain.

"Holy shit.. Doctor Carson!" Jae shouts.

"Carson?" Eduardo asks.

"They have him. They still have him," Jae answers.

"It's part of the group that attacked Hilltop," Alden mutters.