【82】

"Get back! Get in your houses, go!" Rick screams over and over.

I rip my arm from his hold to pull my gun up, "Maggie! Maggie!"

Through the herd and dust of mayhem, I could see Maggie running the opposite way toward the guard tower.

"Come on, hurry!" Rick shouts, releasing rounds from his gun to the walkers.

"Maggie!" I cry starting after her.

"Hana, no!" Rick shouts, his hand barely grabbing my shirt before I'm out of his reach.

Ducking, dodging, and shooting through the walkers, Taeyang and I get cut off from making it to Maggie by another stream of walkers coming in through the destroyed panel.

"Hana! Taeyang!" she shouts, looking over the rail, "Go! Find Beth!"

Ben was still in the infirmary with Daniel- as long as they stayed there, they would be okay. Beth was last with Judith and I had no idea where they might've gone together.

More walkers come in and Maggie pulls her gun up to rest on the wood, covering us. It hurt to turn away from her, but Taeyang and I begin running the opposite way.

It was hard to see much of anything through the hundreds of walkers that had made it in- still more on the way. We ran through the houses until we were once again cut off.

"Here! Just go!" Taeyang shouts, pulling me to the wall.

With no other options, we climb the wall, feet standing on the iron rods below as our hands dug into the top of the metal. I hiss in pain, the sharp metal cutting into my palm. With one hand holding my gun, I rest my elbow over the wall to stay upright and hold on before flailing my other arm to get my sleeves over my hand before repeating the process the other way. The fabric of my jacket made for a makeshift cushioning to protect from more wounds thankfully.

Glancing down, we were just barely above arms reach of the herd below that banged on the walls trying to reach us, less than two feet away if we were lucky.

"God.. Shit.." I pant, pulling myself higher.

"This was stupid," Taeyang grunts, throwing his leg over the wall and standing on the edge of the highest rod.

"We never come up with good plans," I remind.

He grabs my hand, helping pull myself up so I could repeat his action as we face each other. Once up, it was far from being comfortable as the metal dug into the back of our thighs, hands gripping the top to keep ourselves balanced.

"At least we're not scared of heights," Taeyang huffs, looking over the landscape that looked like a death sentence to anyone not in hiding or high ground.

"I might be after this," I exhale, out of breath from all the running.

If I listened carefully, I could hear shouting, gunshots, and a few doors slamming every now and then.

"There," I point across the road.

Rick had Deanna injured in his arms, Michonne, Carl, Gabriel, and Ron all traveling in a group. They run through the herd until turning around a house and I lose sight of them.

"They're together.. That's good," Taeyang nods, risking a look down to the walkers below us.

I survey the area better, walkers on both sides of the walls making it look like an ocean of ruins. Across the distance, I could see Maggie laying down in the guard post alone. Her hand raises up like she was trying to grab something, her other hand gripping her stomach. I follow her hand, looking up to see those green balloons.