【17】

Looking at the large prison, I could only think how the fences looked like heaven.

"Glenn, Beth, and Maggie- draw as many as you can over there. Pop 'em through the fence," Rick directs.

"Daryl and Hana, you're two of our best shots. You go to the other tower and cover me," he moves on.

"Carol, you've become a pretty good shot, too. Take your time, we don't have a lot of ammo to waste," he says and Carol nods.

"Hershel and Carl take this tower," and without a second to spare, Carl is running to the door.

"Lori, open the gate for me. I'll run through," he finishes.

Daryl pats my back and Glenn and I trade a quick nod before I follow behind Daryl and Carol to the other tower. Daryl takes out the singular walker that was in the stairwell before we run up and place ourselves in spot.

It isn't long before Rick is rushing out of the first gate, running up the gravel road and to the other set of gates.

Aiming my gun to the walkers below, I guard Rick as he runs through the field.

'Lee Dong-Wook.. I am Lee Dong-Wook', I repeat to myself in my head, nearly bouncing on my heels with adrenaline.

Within minutes, Rick has the gates latched and Daryl is calling to finish clearing the field.

Within seconds, the walkers are all gone.

--

As I walk across the floor, looking for an empty cell, Beth suddenly calls my name.

I look over, seeing her already sat on the bottom bunk of her own cell.

"Bunk buddies?" she asks with a smile.

"You're not sharing with your dad?" I question, stepping to the door.

"He's staying alone so he can store the medicine and all with him. And, I wanted to share with you, anyway," she explains.

When I don't move, she laughs and waves her hand, "Come on. Make yourself at home."

I nod, stepping inside and placing my bags on the top bunk.

"Hey, you two found each other," Glenn remarks, stepping to the door.

"Bunk buddies," I repeat Beth's words.

"Cute," Maggie laughs with a tired smile.

"You need anything?" Glenn asks.

"I'm good," I nod, climbing up to my bunk.

"Me too," Beth giggles, laying back in her bed, "See? Comfy as ever."

"I'm gonna go do the same," Maggie laughs, giving Beth a nod, me a smile, and stepping away.

"Maggie and I are right next door here," Glenn points

"Thank you, oppa," I smile.

Glenn smiles as well, reaching over to pat my leg before walking out the cell and following Maggie over to their own cell.

I nearly collapse my back onto the bed, heaving a sigh of relief.

"I hope this place works," Beth whispers.

Hope..

"Me too," I admit.

--

"Cham, cham, cham!" I declare, cheering right after.

"Not fair. Go again," T-Dog shakes his head, bending closer to my height.

"Cham, cham.." I twitch my hand, grinning at T's hesitant reaction, "Cham!"