【78】

Running through the streets, Taeyang and I keep our guns up through the chaos.

"Taeyang! Hana!" Rosita shouts, making us change direction, "Is the new doctor in?"

Aaron follows behind her, a woman named Holly in his arms as she bled from the side.

"She is, go!" Taeyang confirms.

"Maggie! Have you seen Maggie?" I ask desperately.

"She was out in the field with Deanna, but I saw them come inside. I think she's looking for you!" Rosita answers as they depart.

"She'd go back to the house," Taeyang plans.

Without verbally agreeing, we take off in a run to the house.

"Hana!" Taeyang shouts. 

He grabs the back of my shirt and pulls me backwards just in time as a knife flies through the air before sticking in the tree beside us. I turn, firing to the source and within two shots, the man is on the ground. Then, we continue running.

"The horn stopped," Taeyang points out.

"Whoever is on watch must've found it."

"Help! Help!" someone in the distance shouts.

"Shit!" I curse, skidding to a stop and looking around.

"Ron!" Taeyang calls.

"Guys, help!" Ron screams as he continues running from the two men.

Two gunshots go off at the same time, one killing the first man and the other hitting the second in the leg. One came from Taeyang and as I look around, I find that the other was Carl. As Taeyang and I approach them in full, Carl has shot the man to an end.

"Maggie.. Have you seen Maggie?" I pant out.

"No. I've been here the whole time," Carl motions to the house.

"Dammit," I sigh, placing my hands on my knees in exhaustion as my side burns- now understanding Tara's struggle with her previous injury.

"Come inside," Carl urges, "Beth, Julie, James, Enid, and I are here."

"We gotta find Maggie," Taeyang shakes his head.

"In that condition?" Carl points to me.

"I'm fine. I just need to find her," I say, standing up straight again.

As I do so, Taeyang curses under his breath, "No. No, you go inside. I'll find Maggie and bring her here."

I begin to argue, only to see his eyes were staring at my side that was screaming in pain. I must have ripped the stitches when running as a pool of blood soaked through my shirt. Huh.. That's why it hurt so bad.

"No, you're not going by yourself," I argue anyway.

"I'll go," James speaks up.

Taeyang and James trade a nod before James is bustling down the stairs despite Julie calling after him and following.

"Go inside. Have Beth look at that," Taeyang motions to my side, "James and I will find Maggie and bring her back here."

I knew it was a losing battle once I saw James pulling his gun out to check how many rounds he had left. James and Taeyang had known each other since the early years of all this- if there was anyone I trusted it was James.

"Okay," I give in.

"We'll be back soon," Taeyang assures, "Get inside."

He steps closer, a quick kiss shared between us that helps calm my nerves.