【68】

Ben eventually woke up, my guess was the jostling when Daniel was going down the stairs of the Anderson family porch. When he came to, wiping his eyes and standing on his own two feet, he looked to where Carl and I were standing.

"Hey, you guys-" 

Ben's words fall short as Daniel wraps his hand around his mouth, "Come on, little brother. You're sleepwalking."

Ben sputters in Daniel's hold, eventually slapping him away, "I'm not! That only worked when I was five!"

"You're still hungover," Daniel proposes next.

"I am not!" Ben whines, stomping his foot that makes Daniel point to the action.

"Not five, huh?" Daniel questions.

Ben crosses his arms, sending Daniel a glare but staying quiet. I glance to Carl who held an amused look before looking to me, his smile growing wider. If he really thought Maggie and I were talking about him, why was he happy? I look to Taeyang, finding he was already looking at me. More specifically his jacket around my shoulders- his eyes holding a sense of pain and.. longing?

Daniel runs down the power situation to Ben who only shrugs, "It's not like we haven't been through worse."

Our walk to the house continues, the distance feeling longer from the darkness and tension in the air.

"Hyung, what kind of run will you go on?" Ben questions, breaking the silence.

"Deanna mentioned a power grid, she was going to ask Eugene if he knew the exact one to replace the current," Taeyang answers.

"What's a power grid?" Ben wonders.

"Exactly what it sounds like, bud."

Ben makes am 'ah' sound before looping his arm around Taeyang's waist, "Hyung is so smart."

Taeyang laughs, lightly throwing his arm around Ben's shoulders in return.

"Really, I don't get why more girls don't have a crush on you."

My eyes widen, nearly stopping in my tracks before Daniel panics, looping his arm through mine to keep me moving and avoid suspicion.

Taeyang clears his throat awkwardly, "Girls don't want just smarts, Ben. Relationships are.. confusing."

"Yeah.. Girls want people like Carl," Ben hums, throwing his pointed thumb in Carl's direction.

"Ben!" Carl hisses causing Ben to laugh.

"Carl," Taeyang calls, pointing his flashlight to the Grimes' porch, "Your stop."

The two look at each other, Carl having a confused look that turns to holding back a smile before nodding.

"Night guys and Hana," he says before jogging up the porch steps where I could faintly hear Michonne and Rick speaking before the door closes again.

I turn to the others, Ben with an oblivious smile as he stops waving to Carl, Daniel's panicked eyes that were staring at me, and Taeyang's side profile because he wasn't looking at all. I step closer to Daniel, tugging him aside.

"Get Ben. Go home. Please, I have to-"

"I know," he assures, patting my shoulder.

We look back to Taeyang and Ben and Daniel steps forward, stealing Ben from Taeyang's grasp and speed walking ahead.

"Hey! Where are we going!" Ben cries as Daniel tugs him ahead.

Once they're a few feet away, I stare up to Taeyang, leaning to the side to try ang gain his attention.