【90】

"This should be a good place.. You don't mind sharing, do you?" the woman 'Bertie' asks, showing us to a trailer

"We've shared less in the past, this is plenty space," Taeyang assures.

Jae, Daniel, and I once shared the top of a bus with walkers below us.. We could manage a trailer.

"That's good," she nods happily, "We have a storage bin for clothes so anytime you're ready for those, just stop by and you can get sized."

"Thank you," Taeyang smiles and Bertie opens the door.

"Welcome home," she expresses.

Beside me, Jae scoffs quietly, receiving a sly pinch on the arm from Taeyang.

"Kal or Eduardo should see you at dinner or stop by sometime tonight to help you on your next jobs, they'll be the ones to let you know what you're doing, where, and at what time. Till then, you should rest up and stretch your legs out. Dinner is at seven every night, I hope to see you there."

"Thank you, again. We'll be there," Taeyang leads again.

As Bertie walks away, Taeyang glares to Jae and I, "Do I really have to do all the talking here?"

"Maggie said you were in charge," I remind, picking my bag up and climbing the steps into the trailer.

"That doesn't mean I want to talk to everyone," he says as he follows me in.

"Hana's not a people person and I don't want to," Jae says, setting his own bag on the floor by the door, "Good thing you're in charge."

"I hate being the oldest," Taeyang sighs, looking around the kitchen area.

"I hate knowing I have to share a trailer with you two," Jae fires back.

"I am on the verge of hating both of you.. God, it's like being on the road all over again," I sigh, slumping down on the couch that was harder than I'd anticipated.

"Hate each other after, we have to get this planned out," Taeyang says, grabbing papers and a pen from the small desk.

"Right, cause we're adults doing adult jobs," Jae nods, sitting beside me and scooting to the edge of the couch to clear the table.

Taeyang kneels at the end of the table, laying the papers out and handing the pen to me, "Sketch artist, you need this."

"What am I sketching?" I ask, mirroring Jae's actions and placing my hand on the table to write on the paper.

"The doctor's office. We were both in there so we'll explain the area, you sketch it, then we map out a plan to clear out the walkers that are there," Taeyang explains.

"Got it," I nod, clicking the pen, "Ready when you are."

Taeyang and Jae explain what the inside of the building looked like- the rooms, halls, and exits we were working with. Once I finished the layout, we stared at the floorplan like it was a puzzle.

"We have the three of us, Jessie, and Ben to fight.. Jessie isn't on the level of being able to go frontline, though. She should stay and keep watch while we clear it," Jae plans.

"Can the four of us clear the whole place?" I question.

"It's not a big place.. But, this is a time sensitive mission. This isn't a run of get in, get the supplies, and get the hell out. This is get in, give you time to fix the machine, then time for the actual scan itself."

"We can't do this in one day," Taeyang shakes his head, "We clear it and Hana checks out the machine. Worst case, we clear it then go back to work on it the next day. Daniel's test will need to happen on a day only for that."

MAKNAE [twd] *editing*जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें