46

The ground shakes beneath my feet, uprooting the trees around me. Reaching up I click on my radio as I flip through the air to avoid being buried. "Sasuke." I hiss into the mic, my speaker crackling from the distance that was now between us. "There... six... them..." His voice comes in broken by the limited range of the radios. Leaping the moment my feet touch the ground I narrowly miss a shockwave of chakra being sent in my direction. The Pein currently chasing me clearly out for blood and lacking any hesitation in his attacks. "Pein! I told you, there's another way! You don't have to do this!" I shout my tone wavering as my breaths come rapid. Sweat dripping from beneath my headband.

I could already feel my energy depleting from my constant dodging of his attacks. Landing on a fallen tree I try to suck in a breath into my already pain filled lungs. And yet the moment I land, the tree is pulled off of under me forcing me to jump again. Only to have a large metal pole slam into me with enough force what little air I had taken into my lungs is forced out. I nearly call out as I feel the metal breaking the bones in my shoulder as it thrusts me backward and driving itself through my body and into a tree. It was the plan to get different individual Pein's attentions and lead them away from the village. Itachi, Sasuke, and I broke our formation to do just that.

Bowing my head a bit I struggle to take in another breath as I reach up with my left hand and try to pull the hexagonal pole out of my shoulder. My red gaze on his form. "You have betrayed the Akatsuki." His deep voice comes from his puppet just as another thundering shockwave rolls over the area coming from the village, blowing my bangs around my face. "Pein, I know you. You, you agree that I saved that boy from Tobi. Deep down, you know it was the right thing!" My voice pitches with my words as he steps towards me. "Just as you are happy the brothers have been reunited. I know you." My voice begins to drop as I watch his unwavering rinnegan. "You, who's sole ambition is peace." This time my words made his movements hesitate even though he still shows no emotion within his eyes or on his expression. "Nagato." I drop my voice lower this time I watch his eyes widen briefly. "That's right, I've known you since the first time we met. I know your heart. But you've been deceived. Tobi isn't Madara just as he doesn't wish for peace that's not his goal."

Seeing an emotion pass through his violet hues I plant my feet on the tree and push myself off, forcing the pole painfully through my shoulder until I manage to pull myself off of it. Landing on the ground in front of him I look up into his eyes as a tear manages to break free from my left eye and slowly make its way down over my cheek. Reaching up I push what energy I have into the fist of my good arm and aim it for his face. "I love every member of the Akatsuki except for him and Zetsu. You guys are my family. Not once have I ever lied to you. Nagato. Please, stop this now." I try to reach him further with my words as he grabs my arm and redirects my hand to hit air. It was then a pole crashes through my stomach just below my sternum. Frowning I look down as the metal feels like it's searing through my organs. I know he isn't using fire or electricity. No, this pain is the same as when I had been tortured. It's the burning effects of a wound with something foreign inside of my body.

Raising my gaze I meet his rinnegan eyes as I reach out and clasp the metal between both of my hands. "I guess it was worth a try to be like the knucklehead." I breathe painfully as my lungs try to shut down. Even now I can feel my hands numbing from the loss of blood and damage I have sustained. Pushing the rest of my energy out I coat the bar in my shield, tightening my energy around it as I begin to gasp for air. My gaze never leaves his as I use my energy to push the pole through me and into him. His eyes widen as my energy disperses throughout the puppet disrupting his chakra emitters controlling it. As the body crumbles to the ground in front of me I drop to my side hard enough my head bounces off the dirt. For a moment I lay there watching the Pein in front of me the pole now skewered through his body still glowing with my shield. "I told you... One of the terms to our agreement was the Akatsuki helping me learn more about myself. This, I learned from my cousin, the hardway."