45

Chapter 45

"Woo what a punch." Jiraiya says to himself after having watched Sakura clobber Naruto when he had tried to hug her as he had been told. "Ahh yes, young love." Jiraiya shakes his head looking down before finally walking around the corner towards Naruto who was still sprawled out on the ground with a swollen right cheek.

"S. S. Sakura." Naruto whimpers as the sun above him is blocked by a shadow.

I do have to admit, when he said there was someone he likes I had thought it was going to be that girl who showed up at his house a few weeks ago. Jiraiya thought to himself as he places his hands on his hips. "Hmm." He made a sound of thought causing Naruto to look up at him. "Is there another special girl you wish to see?" He decided to ask in order to get the knuckle head to thinking. Naruto's eyes widen just before he scrambles to his feet.

"Well umm... maybe... but..." Naruto stammers as he pokes his two pointer fingers together nervously just before suddenly laughing and rubbing the back of his neck. "She'll kill me."

"Oh come on now. Where is all that bravado you just had? Don't tell me you don't want to find this girl and profess your love for her!" Jiraiya pushes causing Naruto's cheeks to redden before looking away.

"I don't even know where to find her." Naruto puffs out his cheeks as his tone iterates his distaste. "She's probably off training with Kakashi Sensei and Sasuke."

"Well is there anyone you can ask?" Jiraiya coaxes the boy. As the thought comes to mind Naruto's eyes widen before he grins widely up to the pervy old man.

"Yeah! Her cousin!"

"Well then! What are you waiting for?!"

"Right!" Naruto calls out excitedly before laughing and making his way back towards his house.

Jiraiya follows behind him watching the boy walk with a confident gate. Every now and then chuckling to himself as if imagining things going well with this next girl. As they drew closer Jiraiya found himself glancing around noticing they were walking towards Naruto's home. "Umm... Naruto, weren't we going to speak with her cousin?" He questions aloud causing Naruto to laugh almost hysterically.

"They live in the apartment below mine, believe it!" So, they live in the same building. Interesting. Naruto walks up to the second floor door but found himself hesitating. "What if she's home? What will I say? What if she does kill me?!"

"Better to live and learn then to never live at all!" Jiraiya proclaims causing Naruto to swallow a lump in his throat before finally reaching up and knocking on the door. It didn't seem to take long before the door begins to open showing a head of bright blond hair standing just above Naruto's height.

"Huh? Naruto?" She questions as her blue eyes land upon the blond in front of her just before a hand rests upon her hip. -She's young but already she's turning out to be such a looker!- Jiraiya's mouth nearly fell open before he could catch himself.

"Uhh... yeah... Aphrodite... Is Kira here?" Naruto stammers uncertain if he really should be here. Momentarily Aphrodite's eyes widen before her lips press into a fine line. Her relaxed demeanor changing as she glances away from the knucklehead.

"Well... she's not here?" Why would she pause like that as if uncertain if her cousin is home or not? Jiraiya's confusion evident as he crosses his arms. What's going on here?

"Awe man! Do you know where she is?!" The blond looks back towards Naruto before nodding.

"She's in the hospital." Her words flowed in barely above a whisper just before she steps out of the doorway and shuts the door in front of the guys leaving them to their own thoughts.