8

Chapter 8

Something felt wrong to Naruto and Sakura. Unlike when they first seen her again after three years. Kira wasn't throwing out cocky comments, neither was she taunting Aphrodite. There was no emotion on her face whatsoever. Periodically Kira would tilt her head at her cousin's words or possibly even to something she was thinking. "M'lady." Shizune gasps as Kira lands a direct hit on Aphrodite creating a crater much like Tsunade and Sakura.

"Yes." Tsunade says as she crosses her arms just beneath her breasts. As if a switch had been flipped. The girl that had clearly been afraid to meet her, not just because she was the hokage but even Tsunade could tell. She was afraid of what was going to happen to her. Afraid that Tsunade would be like the Third and put her through that torture again. Yet, now there was no feeling left in her. As if she has trained herself to be disconnected from any and all emotion as she fights. A feat ninja do not usually learn until later in their careers.

Kira dodges the kunai with ease but what had Tsunade biting her bottom lip was after Aphrodite actually used a jutsu to attack her. Kira was unfazed. No marks came from it and not even a single tear to her outfit was made. Almost as if it hadn't touched her at all. When clearly the jutsu had hit her dead on. The large fireball made the onlookers leap into the out lying trees just to avoid it's size. "Wow!" Naruto shouts staring at the fireball with wide eyes. "It's huge!"

"Yes, it's impressive." Captain Yamato says in conjunction to Naruto's as he stares up at the ball of fire. Sora grunts before turning and leaping down out of the tree. Walking away. This has nothing to do with him and he still doesn't understand why Naruto even made him come. They just wanted to keep an eye on me. He thought to himself while the others were continuing to watch the fight. He couldn't help however but to glance back. The look in her eyes bothers him. They were empty.

The fireball recedes leaving no view of Kira or Aphrodite to those of lesser experience. Across the field in the trees the fight was continuing to take place. The audience moves out of their own trees and cross the field so they could get a better look. Once again Aphrodite was trying to push Kira more into hand to hand combat. Each punch, each kick. Kira dodged them all. One punch from Kira and Aphrodite narrowly dodged it making her fist collide with a tree causing it to splinter and fall.

With all of Kira's dodging she didn't realize that her cousin was pushing her in a certain direction until Aphrodite lands upon a small river and completes another set of hand signs. "Water dragon jutsu!" She shouts as a chakra pulls water from the river and compresses it into a dragon. Even a realistic roar met their ears. Kira seams to just stop before her hands flash like a blur to their eyes before she brings her fingers to her mouth. Fire shoots out in a swirling typhoon as it takes the shape of her own fire dragon. The roars of dragons pierce through the area with a deafening sound.

"They're evenly matched." Sakura calls out over the sounds and Tsunade shakes her head. When no one answers Sakura, Yamato fills it in for her.

"Look again Sakura." He simply says and Tsunade finally makes a sound of agreement to him. "They are far from evenly matched. So far every jutsu that has been cast takes a lot of chakra and chakra control. Aphrodite's already showing signs of fatigue." He continues watching as Aphrodite mixes her windstyle with her dragon. Just as Kira reaches a hand out towards her own. Sparks of lightning shooting from her palm towards her own dragon. Both jutsu's wrap around their individual dragons causing them to roar again and grow in size.

Aphrodite's swirling water becomes stronger miskewing her dragon's form to make it look more like a typhoon causing the trees to blow erratically. Gusts of wind blowing out from the jutsu causing Sakura and Naruto to raise their arms and cover their faces to protect their eyes from the flying debris. As Kira's begins to shoot lightning out around it's entire form. Electrifying the area around them raising the hairs on their arms in reaction. "I see. Aphrodite looks like she's taken on damage." Sakura hollers out over all the noise.