13

Chapter 13

Landing on the steps to the temple I look up at the damage done to the weird figures on what used to be the gate. "What is this?" One of the gate chunin asks as we all look up. Until two monks come to the top of the steps. Both bald making me think that's a normal thing for these monks. One had a white beard with bushy unkempt white brows and a wooden cane. "You.. Are from the hidden leaf village, right?" The younger man asks down to us.

"Yes." Asuma answers and we start to walk up the steps to them.

"We were contacted by the young monk in your care." He explains how he knew we were coming. As Asuma reaches the second to last step the old man finally speaks.

"I am the head monk of the Fire Temple, I had been out of the temple for a while when I heard about what happened here.." He then turns to lead us the rest of the way to the Fire temple. "I rushed back as quickly as I could but.. It was a terrible sight." Following behind them I nearly yawn at all the talking but I manage to keep a hold of myself.

The old monk falls silent as we walk through the gates of the fire temple before the sight was actually revealed to us. It was in complete shambles. Torn down into rubble. I didn't really expect anything less. The Zombie team's tactics are, overboard to say the least. Everywhere they go always ends up this way. They don't exactly move under the radar like Itachi, Kisame, and I and it constantly gets them lectured by our leader. For a secret organization who is suppose to move amongst the shadows. Those two are far from stealthy.

Coffins were lined up in neat rows on the ground before the destruction. There had to of been hundreds of dead. Another signature move of those two. Instead of settling for a single mark and catching them on their own to prevent unnecessary fighting. These guys, especially Hidan. Has to kill every last person. One of the main reasons why we have a hard time getting along.

"We asked neighboring temples for help recovering the remains." The old man explains as he stops. This action makes us stop as well while the rest of them take in the situation.

"This is awful." Shika remarks with a hand on his hip as he looks at all of the coffins. The sight making all of them grimace in disgust.

"Where's Chiriku?" Asuma asks taking his eyes away from the area around us to look at the old man. The young monk's eyes widen as he looks down.

"Actually, we have been unable to find Lord Chiriku's remains.."

"Asuma.." I force myself to exhale as my eyes widen just long enough for the others to see me.

"What is it Kira?" He asks turning towards me.

"This would have to be the work of the team consisting of the Akatsuki Treasurer.." I tell him trying not to smirk when his eyes widen.

"Wait, what do you mean?" One of the gate chunin asks and I ignore him a moment watching Asuma.

"As I said the Guardian Shinobi Twelve have bounties on their heads. There were only two left. Asuma and Chiriku. The Akatsuki attacked here.. Not looking for the Jinjuriki.."

"But for the bounty.." Asuma breathes and I nod. "That means.."

"Yes, this team contains the one person more immortal than I am..." I comment causing a confused but brief look from Shika.

"What.. Do you mean?" Asuma asks giving me the chance to finally release the pent up sigh I've been holding back.

"I cannot be killed by man made weapons. That being said. If I take too much damage by ninjutsu then I will inevitably die. This guy however.. You can cut him into pieces and he'll still curse at you."