15

Chapter 15

"If you wanted my help Hidan. You should have asked sooner." Kakuzu's eyes move to Hidan as I bite my lip. We need to move faster.

"It was you! You're the slow one Kakuzu! It was on purpose wasn't it?!" Hidan's head yells from the ground and I feel Asuma stiffen making me stop so I wouldnt literally drag him. As if he hadn't believed me when I told him Hidan cannot die. I nearly click my tongue as I glare down at Hidan. Couldn't he have remained quiet for a few moments longer?

"You were the one who told me to stay out of it from the start. I don't think you're in any position to complain right now." Kakuzu says drawing my glare from Hidan as he grunts.

Hidan then chuckles slightly. "Alright, Alright, point taken. So maybe I did tell you not to butt in. But uh, I assure you, my friend, it wasn't out of disrespect or anything like that. Anyway Kakuzu, would you mind bringing my body over here for me?" He tries to chuckle lightly. "Come on Kakuzu." He wines. "Won't you bring my body back to my head? Please Kakuzu. Old friend, pretty please." Kakuzu then moves to Hidan's head fast enough it made the other gasp as if they couldn't see his movements themselves.

Kakuzu bends down and grabs Hidan by his hair, picking up his head. "Wait wait wait. What are you doing?! I asked you to bring my body to my head, not the other way around. Don't you get it?!"

"It's lighter this way." Kakuzu sighs and looks down at his hand holding Hidan's head.

"What do I care, this isn't about you... Hey! Are you even listening to me?" Hidan yells as Kakuzu seems to stare at me. Meeting my gaze. Almost as if he was debating about taking Hidan's head and leaving us behind. "Ow! Ow! That hurts! Hey, Kakuzu, you're pulling my hair. Do you mind?"

"I would think your neck wound would hurt more." Kakuzu states as my gaze never wavers. Completely calm like I usually am whenever he stares at me like this. I mean, you don't want to show fear around someone like this. Especially, not Kakuzu.

"You idiot! Of course it does. It hurts like a son of a bitch! This is no ordinary injury, let me tell you. Yeah! It really really hurts, you know? You fools have no idea how incredibly painful it is having your head sliced off!"

"You gotta look on the bright side. Even if he is still alive, so long as he's not attached to his body, he can't perform any jutsu." Shika pants as he tries to remain on his feet even while Izumo is holding him. "He might be immortal but right now, he's completely useless."

"That's true." Kotetsu says. "That means there is only one left against the five of us." I finally roll my eyes knowing Kakuzu seen that before narrowing my gaze towards the others. Is he really thinking about forgetting our retreat and chancing another battle?

"Let's go!" Shika manages as he begins to dry heave with his struggle.

I was about to push off the ground when Kakuzu suddenly moves. With Asuma on my shoulder I couldn't move fast enough to avoid his assault He slams a kick into the side of my right knee causing it to snap before literally trying to slap me with his money case. Using my left leg I flip backwards with Asuma to avoid being clocked a cross the face. Landing on my feet made my right leg buckle beneath my weight and a whimper of pain very nearly slipped out.

"How did you..." Asuma breathes as I take in a breath removing the weight off of my leg to give it time to heal.

"Asuma, my rank may be chunin. But you've underestimated my abilities when you told me to stay out of sight." I mutter without even meeting his gaze.

Kakuzu then walks over to Hidan's body and sets his case down kneeling next to his partner knowing I can't do much until my leg finishes healing. He raises Hidan's body up to a sitting position as he puts Hidan's head on his shoulders. Twisting the head back and forth as he gets it back into the right place. "Since you asked for my help I'm giving it whether you want it or not."