18

Chapter 18

"Sasuke, we need to fend off anything that happens until I can figure out the best way to fight him."

"You?" He responds as he looks to me. "Why you?"

"Don't ask questions I cannot answer, just do as I say alright." He looks down momentarily then smiles.

"Fine. We'll do things your way for now." I smile in return pulling a Kunai from the holster on my right leg as I sheath my blade. A Kunai would produce more results then my blade in terms of blocking needles if they are thrown. The blade yes is longer but it is also more difficult to maneuver at a decent speed.

"Sasuke, I should tell you something." I drop my voice glancing to him from the corner of my eye. Seeing I captured his attention again I finally speak. "I won't let anything happen to you."

Before we knew what was happening I see Sasuke's shirt get torn. That.. Boy, Haku, he's throwing needles from the mirrors! As a second one comes at him I slide behind him to block it with my Kunai. What wasn't planned, I ended up blocking it with my shoulder. Giving a small grunt of pain as it dug into my flesh. Before even more bombarded us causing us both to curl slightly to try and block our vitals. Upon hearing Sasuke's kunai hit the ground from being knocked from his hand my eyes widen. "Sasuke?" I mutter. Only letting out a sigh of relief when I hear him grunt in response. He's alright but we need to stop these needles!

Seeing Sakura throw a kunai at the ice mirrors from the corner of my eye I notice Haku catching it. I see so even in this jutsu he isn't bound to stay within the mirrors until it's complete. He can come and go as he pleases. Hearing a whistling I fight to not look to where its coming from and watch as it catches Haku's mask from the side knocking him out of the mirrors. "Sasuke.." I whisper causing him to look at me. "Get out of here while he is distracted. I'll be right behind you." His eyes widen before looking back at Haku.

Hearing a loud explosion type sound before the popping of firecrackers fills the air I roll my eyes. Oh please don't be so stupid. "Number one hyperactive knucklehead ninja" Haku says as he stands.

"Naruto Uzumaki is here! Yeah believe it!" He finally drops the pose with a laugh. "Now that I'm here everything will be alright!" Turning my attention away from the idiot. I look around at the mirrors. I wonder how much is known to Haku while he isn't inside them? Hearing Haku's voice about showing us what speed really means my eyes widen. He isn't in all of them at one time! He's just moving fast enough through them that we cannot see! That would mean there is a weakness to this jutsu. Which would be.. When he's jumping mirrors.

Yet, if he's moving fast enough we cannot see, then that makes it more difficult.. Unless.. Looking down I take note of the water on the ground. More water would be helpful but I'm sure with Sasuke and my own mind working together we can figure something out. Sasuke. My eyes widen looking to him. Ice melts right, we can create more water with fire. We could do fire jutsu's at the same time which could be more effective. Especially from opposite sides. "Sasuke. Go now!" I hiss at him giving him a nudge. "Attack with your jutsu from the outside when I attack with mine from in here." Seeing him nod I turn towards Naruto and Haku again.

When Sasuke was officially not at my side anymore I raise my kunai counting to ten to give him enough time to get out. "Some warriors accept defeat gracefully when they know they have lost. Others do not. So be it. Let us finish our battle then. To the death!" Turning I look to Sasuke as Haku appears in front of him. Damn it! He knew Sasuke was trying to get out. Throwing my kunai at the mirror ineffectively I try to draw Haku's eyes to me. "Leave him alone!" I growl clenching my fists.