19

Chapter 19

"So what do you think of the line up we've assembled for you?" Tsunade asks leaning over her desk watching Kakashi who closes the book she had given him.

"Honestly, it's the perfect team for a search mission." Tsunade smile softly glad he agrees. "However, this is Orochimaru we are talking about. If it is alright with you. There is one more I'd like to add to the roster."

Tsunade smirks and gives him a nod already knowing who he was talking about. "You got it. They will be a great fighting force if you run into any trouble."

*

A knock came at my door as I was putting away my latest shipment drawing my attention from my scroll. Rolling it up I slip it into the pouch at my hip before walking over to the door. Opening it a brow raises in curiosity. "We have a mission."

"Alright." I sigh and grab my jacket from the hanger next to the door. Stepping outside with Kakashi as I put it on before locking my door. "What's the mission about?" I ask him as I follow him into the darkened streets.

"The Anbu may have located Orochimaru's hideout we are to track its location from where they left off." He states simply looking over his shoulder as if watching for my reaction as I finish buttoning up my jacket.

"I see, though I'm not much of a tracker." I state simply as he smiles.

"Your skills will come in handy if we run into trouble." I give him a nod as I put my gloved hands into my pockets.

"I see, then why not Sakura or Naruto?" I ask him if only to see what his answer would be.

"Your reaction so far to hearing the mission speaks for itself. We need people who can remain cool headed about this."

"I see, as those two would rush about blindly with the thoughts of finding Sasuke taking over them." I nod in understanding to him.

"Kira, there is a question I would like to ask." He says as he stops and turns towards me making me stop as well. I look up at him to read his emotions through his gaze though beyond his eyes softening upon me. I can't seem to tell for a change. "What do you think of finding Sasuke?" I tilt my head at his question and I shrug.

"He left on his own volition. He won't soon come back. At least not until he achieves his ambition. Short of forcing him to return and imprisoning him. Doing so is redundant." I inform him before walking past him. It's true. Sasuke, he either is or was a friend of mine. He is also Itachi's brother. You just can't force someone to change.

"I see. That's the difference." He breathes and I nod to him.

"You can chase him all you want. You can't save someone who doesn't wish to be saved. All you can do is wait for him to come back. It's fact." I tell him as we come up towards the main gates. Our conversation coming to an end as we see Kiba, Shino, and Hinata waiting for us.

"Kakashi Sensei." Hinata says as the three of them turn towards us.

"Good, everyone's here. You've all been filled in, correct?" Kakashi asks looking between the three.

"Yes, we are to pinpoint the exact location of Orochimaru's hideout." Hinata answers him. Her voice soft enough it was still just above a whisper just like when we were in school. However, she seems to have a bit more confidence now. Good for her.

"And with this group's skill set, that should not be very hard." They nod to Kakashi's words and my eyes nearly widen. My gaze being drawn toward the white movement at Kiba's side. A.A. Akamaru?! He's huge!