34

I laid down on the roof feeling everything below me as I make sure they aren't fighting. "I hope they'll choose to return to the village." I mutter more to myself. My plans were successful, Sasuke hadn't attacked Itachi. So why do I feel so nervous? "It's still difficult to believe." Kakashi's voice comes from next to me as I feel him move away from the window. "You knew when you first came to the village what was going to happen to them." He speaks quietly as he crouches down into a squat. After everything I told him I had almost thought we would be done with his questioning my knowledge. But, I guess there's nothing like seeing it for himself. "As I've said, I have a soft spot for family. Especially family that wants to be there for their children." I set up with a sigh even though he was still watching me. "You say that, but there is more to it." He comments making me roll my eyes. "You're right though." I mutter looking up at the sky, the sun was setting giving off the warm evening colors.

"Kakashi." I say getting a grunt out of him as I look to him from the corner of my eye. I found myself biting my bottom lip a moment as I watch his gaze move to them. Kakashi doesn't need words. He can understand everything well enough without them. So maybe it's me that needs to voice the thoughts that have been weighing on my mind most this last week. Sighing I stand ignoring how he was still watching me, waiting for me to speak. Which is nice, he wouldn't try and push someone to say anything at all even if he is truly curious. "I don't know if I am saying this for you or for myself." I shrug looking out over the trees around the building. "There are three people who matter most to me in this world. My feelings are mixed up and confusing but I do know." I finally look to him and give him a smile. "I would die for any of you without regret." I turn away from him and go to the window, looking through it letting my eyes linger over Sasuke and Itachi. "There wasn't a big scheme, a point to turn the tide of the next war, this wouldn't even help prevent it.Their chance to be happy, is why I did it." I breathe quietly to myself as I reach forward and rest my hand on the side of the windowsill. Leaning forward on it as I watch the four of them talk amongst themselves. The small usually hidden smile on Itachi's face easing my worries about my plan for today. -See Itachi? You didn't have to die. You can finally let the guilt go because your family is back together.-

Aphrodite appears next to us in a small puff of smoke. Her eyes reflecting the moonlight like stars as she smiles. Moving over to me even though she was suppose to be reporting to Kakashi. She flings an arm over my shoulder with a giggle. "Plan, perfectly executed my dear cousin." She giggles lightly even though I could tell it was rather forced as if the very action is now foreign to her. I found myself nearly frowning at my own thoughts. Almost as if I feel guilty that the bubbly and overly happy Aphro had spent possibly years since the last time she felt true emotion. "So they are returning to the village?" Kakashi thankfully asks for me. "Yup! They just have to go to Kanzuku to get their little sister and some things from the house. Itachi and Sasuke are going to go with them. Mainly to make sure their journey is safe but also Sasuke is dying to meet Mitsuki." Hearing this I close my eyes and smile. Silently thanking Aphro for what she has done as I feel my worries slip away from me.

*

Kakashi had wanted to ask what she had meant by confusing. Though he had realized he didn't need to. It pains him deeply seeing the tenderness in her gaze everytime she looked at Itachi when they had entered the main room of the Hideout. Kira had claimed to him before that she didn't love him but every flit of Itachi's hand over her back, every touch he made out of sight of everyone else, didn't escape his eyes. Itachi was protective of her, ready to fight his own brother for her without any hesitation. Kakashi could tell that even if Kira said she didn't love the man, Itachi had long since possessed those feelings for her. While she went into greater detail about what had happened with the Uchiha and Danzo than she had when she explained it to Lady Hokage and himself she had stepped closer to Sasuke than was absolutely necessary. Itachi's eyes had been on her the entire time as she showed absolutely no fear of being attacked by her previous teammate. When all was said and done, Kakashi himself was left confused. Sasuke had grabbed her hand something he knew Kira would normally brush off and slip away from. Instead she had reached up and cupped his hand with hers welcoming the contact. Itachi's stance had become slightly more rigid than usual at the sight of this as well. Kakashi found himself wondering what had been going on with his students before everything went so wrong. He knew they had grown close, but how close did they really get?