15

Chapter 15

*

"Kira.. It's time to talk. Sit down." Kakashi calmly tells me waiting for me to sit on the floor beside his futon before speaking again. "Would you like to explain how you can fight like that or even heal broken bones in less then twenty-four hours?" Looking down I bite my bottom lip. I knew questions like these would come sooner or later. So now I just have to pick the correct way to answer, right?

*

"Kira..." Kakashi's tone was gentle causing me to look up towards him. Noticing his soft gaze as he waits patiently, I curl my fingers into loose fists on my knees.

"What if I wouldn't like to?" I mumble trying to smirk so I could pass my question off as a joke if need be.

"Kira, I can tell that you wish to tell someone everything that you keep bottled up. It has not only hardened your heart but has made you push others away.."

"The questions you asked have nothing to do with that!" I snap at him before looking down again. "The reason I don't want to is because they aren't just my secrets. Besides I owe a lot to Aphro, and she likes being where she is." Silence followed my words causing me to sigh. Yup, there's no way he's going to let me out of this.

"What makes you think anything that is said here will leave this room in order to effect Aphrodite's or for that matter your own position?" Kakashi questions causing my breath to catch as if something was squeezing at my heart. Looking up again I meet his closed eye smile. Was he seriously going to keep everything to himself? "Now that I have said that. I must say that if let's say you two are actually spies intent on harming anyone in the leaf or the village itself then I would be obligated to report you." Smirking at him I shake my head nearly laughing at the ridiculous comment.

"We aren't spies or anything Sensei."

"Good then I won't have to report you." Giggling lightly at his words I relax a little from the pressure I had once felt. Kakashi keeps to his word he has proven that much.

Taking in a breath I try to rearrange everything in my head. Maybe I can calm down a little. He has already said it will stay between us right? Just him, Aphro, and I. Nodding to myself I decide on what I am going to do. "Aphro has been training me the way her mom trained her. She is the sole reason why I'm good at anything here..." Against what I was aiming for I felt my voice grow small so it was just above a whisper.

"So, that day in the woods..." He began and I nodded.

"I'm the brains. I wanted to use a ploy to make you believe we were harmless. I had been through a lot that week. I just wanted something to go right. Probably because I hoped it would give me something else to think about."

"What happened?" His warm voice threatened to coax me into telling him more then I had initially decided. Kira, pick your words carefully or you can destroy the life you have. Closing my eyes I take in a breath to steady myself. Even though I think that I already knew deep down. He is right. I need to tell someone. I need even this small contact with someone else.

"First you need to know something similar to this has happened to me before. Where I 'fell' into another world. I was seventeen years old." Opening my eyes I peer at Kakashi who takes in a slow breath. "I know hard to believe right? Since I was somehow five when we first met. Anyway. I was alone before it happened. No one to talk to or anything. I only had myself to learn from. Skills that are absolutely useless here. One day I fell into a different world. I didn't know how to get back home. A cousin of mine who I had not known previously found me and taught me what I needed to know in order to leave. But, by then Aphro was too late. I had already built a life for myself. A better one then I had before. I fell in love... well, five days before the circumstances happened that trapped us here. He died." It was then I felt the very tears I had denied myself since leaving the hospital, begin to slowly roll down my cheek. "I wanted nothing more then to return to the life I had, being locked away in that house. But, fate had other plans."