33

Chapter 33

"S. S. Sasuke?!" Kira squeaks as she automatically covers her arms over her chest. Her face so flushed from this sudden encounter one can only mention the similarities to a strawberry. Sasuke's eyes widened at the sight before him. Taking in the view of her long raven hair hanging heavily down to her shoulders and fanning out from her body in the water. Her pale skin practically reflecting the light of the day in such a contrast to her dark hair and eyes. Kira's reddened cheeks darkened cutely as she stares at him wide eyed with her arms holding herself tightly enough her already developing chest was being squished against her enough the tops of them are pushing up above her arms. Averting his eyes he looks down and only then realizing her clothing is folded on her travel bag.

For the first time since the weight of his clan's massacre had fallen on his shoulders he was officially flustered and found his own cheeks heating up. "S. S. Sorry!" He exclaims before turning around so his back was now to Kira. In this time she closes her eyes and takes a deep breath in order to collect herself. Taking all the time she needs to settle the racing of her heart that felt like it was about to leap from her own chest.

Swimming forward she presses the front of her body against the walls of this little cove. Resting her arms in front of her on the edge. After laying her chin on her arms she watches the tense shoulders of her teammate. "What are you doing here?" She decides to ask once she finally regains her voice. Without looking back he just seems to turn his head slightly signifying who he is speaking to.

"I. I thought now would be a good time for that talk." Smiling to herself Kira closes her eyes.

"Sure thing. You can turn around now. I'm blocked from view."

"Why don't you just put some clothes on? I can wait."

"I'm still cleaning all the dried blood off and relaxing my sore muscles."

"Is that your way of saying regenerating?" Kira's eyes went wide at his use of words. She hadn't told him or even given off clues that she was still damaged. Even though now, she was mostly healed but she could still feel the damaged cells quickly repairing.

"Y. Yeah." She stutters watching as Sasuke finally turns around. His charcoal eyes meeting hers. A slight tint of red still lingering on his cheeks. She averts her gaze as she soon found the heat rising back onto her own cheeks.

"So, you do regenerate. Is it a medical ninjutsu?" He questions as he grows nervous again from knowing her body is unclothed. He averts his eyes back to the ground in front of him.

"No." Kira stated plainly before closing her eyes taking in the feeling of the water caressing her sore body.

"Then what? And don't avoid the question. Being on the same team as you we have a right to know." Sasuke found himself temporarily forgetting the predicament the two of them were in at the moment and glared towards his teammate. No, his friend.

Kira just sighs deeply as she realizes she cant hide her... Unnatural... Existence from them much longer. "I'm not... like you." As she spoke those words she found herself unable to speak the words. Not human. For reasons unknown to her she didn't want to lose their friendship. In her mind she could see Sasuke going back to glaring at her and being distant. Even stating he hates her and wishes she would no longer plague his existence. So she settled on the words not like you. Successfully achieving a confused look from Sasuke himself.

Sasuke was trying his hardest to understand what she meant by not being like him. That much was obvious with the way she heals and not even having to perform medical ninjutsu, but he could tell as she opened her eyes to look at him. She wasn't lying. But what resided in her dark eyes shows there was more to it with a mixture of torment. More than he thought it was possible for someone to feel. She was a genuine person. He's felt that way since the first night at Tazuna's house in the land of waves when they had set upon the roof by themselves. If she lied or kept him from knowing something about herself. He had a feeling it wasn't because she didn't trust him.