6

(Sorry guys, I originally had Kira's main photo on this chapter to help refresh your memories of her. But apparently a breasty ravenette wearing a red bikini, jean shorts just below her hips and cream colored over shirt is inappropriate.)

Chapter 6

After graduation Gramp Third wanted me to meet him at the Hokage Manor tonight to talk. I couldn't help but say okay although, now that I'm sitting in my room waiting for the time to tick past. I couldn't for once see why he'd want to see me right after graduating. It's weird. Was he going to tell me that I couldn't be a ninja after all? Nah, that's not like him. Looking outside at the setting sun I sigh to myself. That old man keeps me guessing that's for sure. Nothing like with L or the Taskforce. I could always figure out what their next three moves would be before they knew themselves. But with gramps... I dunno, he's unreadable. Gives me the wigs sometimes but I know he's a good guy. Getting out of bed I head for the Hokage Manor.

I do sometimes wonder what he would do if he knew I am not 12 but am actually 92 years old... Wait.. Am I really that old?! I mean I don't feel 92 and yeah, I'm smart and all but really.. Wouldn't I be 12 in my head if not for these painful memories of my life with Light? That's impossible. Damen made Aphrodite and I kids again but he never changed our mental states. It's why I still remember those painful memories. Even if as time passes they seem to be getting harder to remember. How is that possible? A lifetime of memories fading. The only thing keeping Light's memory so vivid in my mind are the pictures I have of him that I accumulated since that birthday so long ago with his family. Photographs that always seemed so important to me to get. To remember my time in the death note world as much as I could throughout the years. "I swear... I'll never forget you Light." I whisper as I look up at the moon. "I will sooner die then forget you."

"Alright, bring Naruto here at once!"

"Sir!" The commotion brings me out of my thoughts allowing me to see the platoon of chunin dispersing at the same time. Causing Gramp Third's robes to whip around wildly as if there was a strong wind.

"Umm. Gramp. What's going on?" I ask as innocently as I could. As had become my normal whenever speaking to him.

"Don't worry about it Kira. Come inside for our talk." He smiles to me before turning and leading me into the manor and up to his office.

"What did you want to talk about Gramp?"

"You can stop your innocent antics Kira. You should know by now you can be yourself around me without my judging you just as your classmates do."

"Oh.. So you know then." I respond as we walk into his office and over to his desk. Him taking a seat in his chair as I slide onto his desk to sit down. Turning my torso so I was facing more towards him.

"There isn't much I don't know child. Just as I know about your test results. You have done quite extraordinarily. I am proud of you."

"So.. Then why did you want to talk to me?"

"As you know soon will be when you find out your genin teams. I was wondering who you thought would best fit your cousin."

"Aphro? Hmm." Looking towards the windows behind gramps I begin to remember everyone she has affiliated herself with. Even allowed herself to train alongside. "She is comfortable with Kiba. They've trained together quite often and they get along. I would say any group you put him in put her in too. They would make a great team and Akamaru has already bonded with her."

"I see. Kira.." He began causing me to look at him again. "What you told me six years ago. Do you still feel the same way? I hear you and Sasuke have a bit of a tense rivalry going."