30

(warning this chapter and the next might be a little confusing but I'm trying to get a multiple view of the same fight. Sorry.)

Chapter 30

* Recap *

Feeling my blade plunge into the ninja's shoulder I smile satisfied until his eyes narrow into a glare at me. Threatening to send shivers down my spine. The slight hesitation it caused allowed him to grab a hold of me tightly. Ramming his fist into my stomach knocking the wind out of me, and keeping me in place before it felt like a cement wall met with my face. Blurring my vision so I couldn't see the kick in order to block it. Before I felt as if a semi truck had hit me and I was flying through the air. Pressure against my back keeping me from catching my breath sent my world to spinning. Landing on a branch I close my eyes trying to fight against the depths of unconsciousness. He's... so.. strong..

*

Familiar light brown well kept hair, his brilliant calculating auburn eyes. The white long sleeve button up shirt he was wearing had some wrinkles in the fabric leading down to a pair of tan pants. His right hand in his pants pocket posing himself with self assurance, and pride. The very sight of him had my eyes widening with a gasp escaping from me. Tears brimming my gaze as both pain and happiness spreads through me. How is this? Am I dead? "What are you doing, Kira?" His smooth voice flowed around me. Wrapping around my body as if it were a loving caress. Light. I all but whimper mournfully in my head.

"What do you mean, Light?" I question gazing up into the eyes in front of me. Spell bound by their warmth.

"This isn't like you. Second guessing yourself, allowing fear to hinder your thoughts. Letting someone beat you. I've never known you to be so weak." His eyes narrow upon me briefly before his features relax once more. As if he was truly trying to understand what is going on with me but at the same time it upsets him.

"But.. Light." I felt my tears finally break free and roll down my left cheek. My hand automatically went to my chest to grasp the moon pendant from the pain his words brought to my heart. Yet, all I found was the fabric of my top.

"Have you forgotten?" He suddenly questions as he watches me closely.

"Forgotten what?"

"Yourself. The Kira I know holds her head up high, never lets anything get to her. She is smart and cunning. Using her head against her opponents. She would never find herself in a situation without a contingency in place. Not the scared pathetic little girl in front of me." Looking down I felt as if my world was crashing around me. My image of Light changing from a happy memory to one more of pain. Pain. There is so much pain. I've disappointed him. I've let him down. "Get up, Kira." Huh? Looking up I see him hold out his hand for me to take. "Get up and be the woman I fell in love with."

"The woman... I don't know if I can."

"Yes, you can. Or we'll never be together again." My eyes widen at his words. If I don't get up. I'll never become stronger. I'll never find a way to turn him. We'll never be able to spend eternity together. The girl I have become.. He would have used me and tossed me aside like Misa Amane. He would have had no use for me. I need to get my head in the game. Everyone around me is below me. This Ninja is nothing compared to me. Smiling I reach up and take his hand allowing him to pull me from where I had been setting. "Now, no more hiding. Show them. Show them what happens when they cross the path of my Goddess." Closing my eyes I find myself in darkness. Light's hand still in my own. Warmth suddenly erupts around me causing me to look ahead. Bright blue flames were dancing through shadows erupting towards me as if to take me whole. "Accept them." Is all I heard over the rumbling fire.