𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲-𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

-HER-

Everyone was cheering around me while I stared at the giant sculpture with wide eyes. I instantly knew what it was. This couldn't have been a mistake.

I looked at the Drakkon King and some of his council members. They were already laughing and joking around with each other to be able to notice how one of the eyes of the horse slightly moved.

I was staring only at the horse as the Drakkon king made a speech about his valor and how he was superior to the Lycan King which made him finally ask for this treaty. His speech went on and on as he endlessly boasted about himself pompously.

The people in the camp were equally blinded and they kept cheering for the Drakkon King as he continued with his speech.

"Tonight, we must celebrate in the occasion of this victory! The valley is now ours!" He declared and the whole crowd around me erupted in cheers and everyone again hailed the Drakkon King.

The war preparations that had been going on for the past day were instantly halted after the King's speech. Instead of war preparations, the whole camp prepared for an extravagant and lavish feast in the night but little did they know that tonight they were going to know what real terror is.

This incident only made me realize how stupid the Drakkon King could be and the extremity of Ezekiel's schemes. I had to give it to him to have planned and executed this so seamlessly and also, I had to give it to the Drakkon king too for being so naive.

The noise, the sound, and the lights that were being emitted from the Drakkon's camp were enough to have been heard in Thastonia's court. It was as if they were mocking Thastonia but they weren't aware of the trap they'd set foot into.

The celebration was in full swing as soon as the sun went down. It was one of the coldest and stormiest nights in this season but the Drakkons didn't even let that get in their way of Celebration.

Now, you might ask what did I do while all of this was going on?

The answer is simple. I played along. I smiled, I enjoyed it, I even celebrated with them. The only difference was that they were happy and celebrating for having gotten the Valley from Ezekiel without fighting a war while I was happy and celebrating because I knew that all of this was coming to an end. There would be a war in which I may or may not fight and after that, I'd get to go home, away from the Drakkon King and that scheming son of a bastard.

The celebrations seemed to go on and on. It was very late at night but still, the Drakkons were drinking and celebrating. So much delicious food was cooked. Everyone was stuffed to the brim.

It was sometime early in the morning when the celebrations finally came to an end. By that point, everyone was either mad drunk or was just too tired to fight— which was exactly the perfect moment for the Lycans to strike.

Even if the Drakkons were still huge in number, they were weak. In such a situation, only a handful of lycans were enough to slaughter the whole camp.

I waited.

I waited for everyone to go to sleep. When the last candle in the camp had been blown off, I left my tent and went straight towards the giant structure that stood just in the middle of the camp, looking tall and majestic. Its wings looked so real that for a moment it seemed like that the majestic horse was going to stand on its hand legs and neigh before galloping through the valley and taking off into the morning air.

I couldn't take my mind off of how the structure looked lively and without life at the same time. There was just something very eerie about it. Maybe it was its constantly moving eyes. Or maybe, it was the fact that the structure had moved in the middle of the camp while everyone had been so busy in the celebrations.

I stood in front of the structure with my eyes locked with its. It was chilling cold that morning. The wind ruffled my hair before pricking my skin with goosebumps. I was completely alone at that moment.

"Ezekiel," I called out. My voice was only a whisper but in that silent, cold morning it felt more like a growl. At first, nothing happened but soon I heard a small rattle before a lid was being opened at the back of the horse and from there appeared the scheming Lycan King.

I had to crane my neck in ordered to be able to look at him properly. He stood at the back of the Pegasus while looking down at me heatedly. Behind him, the sun was slowly waking up, gradually painting the sky with yellow and red streaks.

His shadow loomed over me. I couldn't make anything out on his face because he was standing against the light but I could still look into his golden glowing eyes which were burning on me.

"They are all asleep," I informed him. There was a brief silence that followed my words before he told me, "I know,"

"What do you want me to do now?" I was surprised when that question came out of my mouth. I couldn't believe that at such a time I was asking him what to do! I didn't know what made me do that.

Maybe it was the fact that the way he stood on the majestic horse and the way the sun rose behind him, it made him look like a God.

"Leave the camp," He told me, "The wolves are waiting for you two mountains away," He informed me.

I gave him a lingering look before I nodded at him. I turned on my heels and started walking towards the south where my wolves were waiting for me. I felt his eyes burning on me all the while.

When I stepped out of the camp, I tore the clothes that the Drakkon king had gifted me before phasing into my wolf and racing towards the mountain.

Meanwhile, the river giggled.

_

Vote. comment. Share. follow me

Read the COMPLETE book on Patreon. The link is in my bio.

Also available on Patreon: The Lycan King's Mate, Mr. Night, Stefaan, The Gentleman's Trial, Made For Him, The Beta's Catch, Marmadoke, Exclusive books and many more!

Read the next 2 chapters on Inkitt for Free. The link is in my bio.

thanks for reading <3