𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞

-HER-

The night was, in fact, interesting. It was a completely different atmosphere there. There might have been celebrations for the mid-winter festival in his kingdom this morning but they were nothing compared to everything that happened in the court. There were lots of food, drinks, dance, games and other sorts of performances in the court, only for the people of the court.

It was a whole different world there and for a moment, I did forget about Zaeris and the people finding me there. There was no trace of worries in me. I was completely consumed by everything that night. To say that I didn't enjoy myself there would have been the biggest lie.

I enjoyed it a lot!

Whatever those women were, they knew what they were doing. They knew how to actually make people have a good time without involving anything sexual. Each of them was very skillful for sure. They were magical.

At first, the night started with some music and dance. Then the drinking games began. Lyra was an exceptionally good host and I couldn't ignore the fact that unknowingly, she had a strange control over the room- even on Ezekiel and his top lycans. Just her presence was enough to have anyone pay her attention and listen to what she was saying.

Her charm and humor only added to it. She even got away by throwing some insulting adjectives at Ezekiel during the drinking games. I was holding my breath all the time but others were laughing and enjoying as if there was no tomorrow. Even Ezekiel laughed at it and brushed it off as if it was nothing!

The night air was filled with music and laugher. Surprisingly, or unsurprisingly, Ezekiel won most of the drinking games. I was already very much drunk after only two games. I thought I saw Noora with Ezekiel's third in command but I was just too drunk at that point to pay attention to anything else. It was a grand night.

~

"So do I get to go back now?" I asked Ezekiel after dinner. We were in a very empty part of the castle now. I didn't know what that place was but it was very strangely silent and still - like death. Just being there sent a shiver down my spine.

We were completely sober now. I still had some effect of the alcohol left but I was sure it would go away soon. Now that those women were gone, the night fell completely silent and still. My worries and anxiousness were back. All the traces of laughs, fun, and drinks were gone from Ezekiel's face.

It was now completely devoid of emotions, surprising me how he could be could change so quickly. Looking at his grim face now, I was finding it hard to believe that he was the same Ezekiel who let a woman insult him just earlier that night.

He was very strange for sure.

I gulped when he didn't answer me. Instead, the grim look persisted to remain on his face as he looked down at me. His face was hard to read. He cocked an eyebrow at me and finally spoke.

"You still want to go back?" He asked me grimly.

"Yes, of course,"

"Why's that? I thought you liked this place?" He asked me, taking a step back. There was this strange emotion simmering in his eyes. I hadn't lived long enough to know what that emotion was. Nonetheless, it disappeared soon.

"I do but I need to go back. This isn't my home," I told him grimly. For some reason, I was feeling this dread and fear from inside but I ignored it and tried to stay calm on the outside. Maybe, it was the fact that I was again alone with Ezekiel and he was not laughing or drunk now.