2.9

-HER-

"Who are they?" I asked out loud, looking at those two men.

Ezekiel was taken aback by my question for once as he stopped in front of me. He cocked one of his eyebrows before turning behind to look at where my eyes were focused. I waited for his reaction. As he turned around to face me again, confusion was hanging from his face.

"Who?" He asked me.

"Why?" I asked with my heart pounding, "Them!" I said pointing to the men who were lingering by the chest of drawers. Ezekiel looked even more bewildered as he looked at the chest of the drawers.

"There's no one, Celeste," He tells me while taking a step closer. I shook my head at him. He must be playing with me. I was sure that those two men were there. I could see them sitting there, smiling at me as I talked about them to Ezekiel.

"I didn't know you were blind, Ezekiel. Look carefully. There are two men sitting on the chest of drawers right there!"

"Celeste, there's no one in the room except for you and me," Ezekiel told me and Pax growled. "And yes, that darn cat of yours,"

"Ezekiel, stop playing with me. There are two men there sitting on the chest of drawers. They are smiling at me as I talk!" I could hear my voice rising but he didn't want to believe me at all and this was making me more and more frustrated.

"Celeste, I'm telling you the truth. No one's here except for us and men aren't even allowed to be in this part of the harem. Not even me. I have to beg Lyra million times before she even lets me here and you're talking about two men being in your room?" Ezekiel spoke grimly this time as he reached for my arm.

Meanwhile, I saw the older man mutter something to the other before they chuckled together. Though my attention was soon diverted from them as soon as Ezekiel touched my arm and I felt the strong sparks emanating from his touch.

It made something flutter in my stomach when I finally looked at him. All of a sudden, I felt all these emotions raging inside me. I was instantly reminded of last night and how hurt he looked when I pushed him back.

He was now looking at me fervently with so much longing that I wanted to just throw myself at him and kiss his breath away and at the same time tell him to get lost. I must be losing my mind. Quite literally.

"Why are you here?" I asked grumpily as he took another step closer to me until our toes were touching. I didn't want to step back from there but there was this force inside me telling me to take a step back. To turn around and run away from there and never see him again.

"I wanted to talk to you," He spoke gently. I had never heard his voice to be so soft and soothing and it further made me want to kiss him but at the same time, the other force inside me wanted to start a war with him just because he was being... nice?

"About what?" I asked grumpily while I glared at him. This flamed the longing and ferventness in his eyes even more before he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me flush against my body.

"I want to start again," He answered huskily while his face dipped though before he could kiss me, I looked away and his lips landed dangerously close to mine but he didn't seem to care because he busied himself by planting kisses along my jaw.

I quivered slightly with every kiss. Even though they were gentle and small, they were rocking me from the inside as my two sides fought with each other to be either close with him or reject him and run away from there.

For a moment, it overwhelmed me so much that I stood there with my eyes closed, trying to calm myself down while he kept pressing kisses all over me, "Please Celeste, I want you and this time I am serious," He whispered as he kept kissing me, "I mean it this time. I am tired of pretending to be something I am not and... and, I know I did a lot of terrible stuff to you in the past but that was only a facade to keep you out of my troubles but now I am tired of all of this. I just want you now,"

His words further bewildered me. I stood there, wondering if it was really Ezekiel who was talking or if the gods were making him do this again or if it was the doing of those two men who were sitting in the background, either chuckling or shaking their heads as if disapproving on something.

"Why are you really here, Ezekiel?" I asked him grimly, looking him in the eyes.

"I want you. I want to start with you again," He told me. I shook my head as a new flood of emotions washed over me. I felt some knots building in my chest.

"No, you don't," I told him, taking a step back after peeling his arms off my waist. "I know this is some sort of an act to get me to cave in. Everything is conspiring against me nowadays,"

"I am serious, Celeste,"

"Just shut up, Ezekiel. I know the scheming son of a bastard that you are. This is another of your schemes," I told him, seething.

"He isn't a bastard," replied a voice. It didn't belong to any one of us and as far as I knew, Pax couldn't talk so it had to be... my eyes focused on the men still lingering by the chest of drawers.

It was the younger one who had said that. While I stared at them, confused, I missed Ezekiel saying, "I am not scheming this time, Celeste," and with that, he swept me in his arms and pressed his lips against mine.

I instantly melted in his arms while I heard one of them say, "Do you want to watch?"

_

vote. comment. share. follow me

Read the complete book on Patreon. Read the next 3 chapters on Inkitt for free. The links are in my bio.

Thanks for reading <3