𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱

-HER-

I pinned my eyes on the Lycan, waiting for an answer but he gave me none. Still, I waited another couple of seconds but he didn't say anything.

This was now testing my patience. My chest vibrated with a growl before I took a step closer to him. He was short and I easily towered over him. Drilling my eyes into him, I demanded, "Tell me what happened there,"

Another moment of silence followed. I saw his Adam's apple bob up and down as he swallowed hard. Finally, he started speaking, "We were fighting a giant Poisonleech when all of a sudden, a giant Cryptsnare appeared out of nowhere and... it swallowed one of our ships. Tryfon was on that ship. His majesty jumped into that monster's mouth, after the ship,"

It took a complete minute for my brain to process what he just said.

One of the monsters swallowed their whole ship and Tryfon was on that ship so Ezekiel felt like following his best friend inside the monster's belly. Talk about best friends now.

Great!

He just increased my work! Why didn't I foresee something like this? I should have expected some trouble because Ezekiel was involved in this. He wasn't the kind of man to just do things the easiest way.

"So are you going to go back to rescue his ass?" Lua asked, stepping beside me and looking at the Lycans.

"Why would I do that?" I asked her, surprising her for the moment. Not only her but the lycans in earshot were surprised by this as well.

Did they think I was taking revenge for last night? Well, the thought was tempting but unfortunately, there was no time to waste. I added, "I am more concerned about that poor monster who swallowed those motherfvckers. We need to do major surgery on that poor little thing otherwise he'd have a terrible stomachache,"

"Yeah, right," Lua chuckled in between those shocked and traumatized lycans. I turned to the river and glared at it. The chaos there had died down and the water had stilled, not giving any hits of the monsters that lurk in its depths.

"It's the two of us against the river. Come on. We need to get done with this quickly. I don't like wasting time in such petty things," I told Lua, walking back to the shore and picking an empty ship. Lua jumped into the ship after me.

"Push!" I commanded and two of the wolves pushed the ship back into the water. My fingers curled around my sword while Lua rowed behind me. I stood at the front of the boat with my sword.

As soon as our boat hit the water, several small monsters instantly came out. I slaughtered them one by one before holding a water goblin by his neck and glaring at him. He shivered under my burning gaze and tried to get free of me but I was holding him tightly.

"Go down and tell the Cryptsnare to come out again or I'm going to make your species go extinct today," I warned him. The goblin gave out a fearful shriek before I threw him back into the water.

I watched him disappear into the depths instantly. Meanwhile, more monsters had climbed onto the boat. I took my sword and slaughtered them without breaking a sweat.

All of a sudden, those small water monsters disappeared from the water surface. Everything stood still and silent for a moment. It was exactly the silence before a storm, or shall I say the silence before the appearance of a huge monster that could swallow all my thousand wolves in one go.

"I think it's coming out," Lua whispered behind me as I stood with my sword, waiting for the monster to appear out of the water. The silence was so loud, Lua's whisper sounded more like a yell.