𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐲

-HER-

Lua whistled at me as she saw me approaching our camp. Her eyes ran up and down my body before she smirked at me suggestively. I playfully glared at her in return. I had just changed back into my human form so I was completely naked and shivering in this cold.

"Look, who's back," she commented when I was closer to her. She instantly took off her coat and handed it to me.

"I need you to give me all the updates ever since I went missing. I have to catch up soon," I commanded her and she instantly obeyed. While Lua gathered all the documents, I settled myself in one of the tents and had some hot soup and breakfast.

As soon as I was done eating, the two of us sat down to discuss all the events that took place while I was missing. Nothing very eventful happened while I was away. All they did were preparing for a possible war while somehow manning to survive in this hostile weather.

"We should go back," Lua suggested, "I mean our work here is, more for less, done,"

"Not yet," I told her.

"Why? Are you going to participate in the war?" She asked me wide-eyed.

"Ezekiel might need back up and if we go back now, it might hinder the future diplomatic relationships," I told her. She agreed but she didn't look pleased.

"I don't think we are properly equipped for a war here," she reminded me.

"That shouldn't matter. Ezekiel had sent for more weapons," I told her, showing some of the documents, "They should be here any day now,"

"Still, I thought we didn't agree to go to a war,"

"But we prepared for it. That's what matters,"

~

Almost a day passed since my return to the camp but still, there was just no news of Ezekiel. We had moved further back from the Drakkon's amp to conceal our presence here. Though this was making it hard for me to find out what was the situation in the camp.

Had Ezekiel won? Or was he losing? I didn't know but my guts were telling me that something was wrong there. Even though I didn't want to but I couldn't help myself from worrying about Ezekiel.

Even though he got into this mess himself and whatever comes out of this would be all on him but still there was the mate bond that was constantly eating away at my guts.

Just before dawn, I dispatched three spies to go to the Drakkon camp and find out what was going on there. Some smoke had been spotted there earlier that afternoon and some noises of horns and cries were coming from there as well. But it was hard to tell to which side those cries belonged.

I was restless while I waited for the spies to return with some news. At times, I considered just showing up there unannounced but I decided that would be very stupid on my part. We could be caught up in to something unanticipated and it might result in a huge loss on our part.

We had played this game seamlessly up to this point. It would all go to waste if we err in such a grave situation.

It was just before midnight when two of the spies finally came back. I already knew what was going in the camp when I looked at their grim faces and the hint of terror in their eyes.

I was standing at a mountain slope, facing north, looking at the burning Drakkon camp. The spies stood behind me before one of them informed, "The Drakkons had called for more troops. The Lycans are losing,"

I gritted my teeth after hearing the news. They proceeded to tell me the lycans' position in the camp and the Drakkon's position in the camp. They told me about the death toll and exactly how bad was the Lycans' condition was.

At one point I just couldn't hear it anymore. The Lycans were being butchered there inhumanly. I knew what I had to do at that moment. It was necessary.

"Are we going there, aren't we?" Lua asked, reading me.

"Yes," I growled before going back to the camp and ordering my wolves. They were already prepared but the weapons hadn't arrived here yet. First, I decided to lead only five hundred of my wolves. We might be less in number but we were enough given our fighting skills and the fact that I knew more about the Drakkon army than the Drakkon general.

Lua stayed back with the rest of the army while I marched with the half army into the night to the Drakkon camp. The scent of blood started to get thicker and thicker as we reach closer to the Drakkon's camp. I was seething.

As soon as I spotted the first dead body of a lycan, my blood started to boil. According to the information that had been given to the spies, I made my wolves take positions in the camp. Some of them were up on the nearing mountains, working as snipers. The rest of us advanced further north where the actual war was taking place.

I played several Drakkons on my way. They seem to have been taken by surprise when they saw us. They weren't definitely aware of us. We would march to a certain point in the camp, slaying the Drakkons on our way before stopping and covering ourselves as the snipers rained the camp with arrows.

We advanced further into the war zone, crossing several dead bodies, rivers of blood, and masses of bodies burning together. We saw worse as we advanced further but nothing could make us step back at this point. After reaching further north to the camp, I finally noticed both the King's fighting.

Both of them were equally injured but Ezekiel seemed to be more injured because he was fighting the Drakkon King and The Drakkon general at the same time. It was so unfair.

I let out a growl before charging towards them. I took the Drakkon general by surprise when I swung my sword at him, cutting him in half in one go. The Drakkon king and Ezekiel, both were taken by surprise as well. I used this moment to put myself between them before pushing the Drakkon king back while holding my shield above mine and Ezekiel's heads while I shielded his body with mine.

Another batch of arrows rained, killing the new wave of Drakkon soldiers who were advancing towards us.

"What are you doing here?" Ezekiel growled behind me.

"Saving the underworld from being graced by your presence," I gritted back at him before lowering my shield when the rain of arrows was finally over. Now that the shield was gone, my eyes locked with the Drakkon king's. His eyes widened as soon as recognized me.

It must have been a shock for him to see me in fighting gear with my bloodied sword. He now knew the real me.

"Ruel,"

_

Vote. comment. Share. follow me

Read the COMPLETE book on Patreon. The link is in my bio.

Also available on Patreon: The Lycan King's Mate (sequel), Mr Night, Stefaan, The Gentleman's Trial, Made For Him, The Beta's Catch, Marmadoke, Exclusive books and many more!

Read the next 2 chapters on Inkitt for Free. The link is in my bio.

thanks for reading <3