𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

a/n> Do like to read romance books that keep you on your toes? Then my new book Mr. Night might be something you need to check out ;)

~

-HER-

"Here," Regulus spoke as he handed me a cup of lotus tea. I took the cup and looked at the steaming hot brown liquid in it. Small ripples surfaced the liquid as my hands shook. Regulus put his hand beneath the cup to steady it before he took the cup and held it to my lips. I took a very small sip from it. The heat from the tea burned my tongue but I didn't react to it.

Regulus noticed it anyway. The strange look still hung from his face as he looked at me in puzzlement and blew my tea for it to cool down a bit. His eyes never left me meanwhile. We were currently in the small kitchen in my wing. He had carried me here after making me calm down and wiping my tears. I might appear calm on the surface but deep down, I was still bleeding from the wound that Ezekiel had given me.

A small sob would leave my lips now and then and a tear would stream down my face. It'd make Regulus even more worried and he would always reach out to wipe my tears. He was doing his best to comfort me but so far it wasn't working. My whole body was shaking and my wolf... she had gone completely silent for a while.

His words hurt her the most. His words were worse than any kind of rejection.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Regulus asked me very gently as he placed the cup in front of me. I didn't feel like drinking or eating anything at that moment. All I wanted to do was end myself or just run away from here and hide in the mortal realm.

"I cannot," I choked on my sob and sniffed. I covered my face with my hands and let my tears out again. I felt Regulus move closer to me before his arms fell around me again.

"Did someone do something to you?" He asked me after a while. His voice was very low and dangerous. I was able to hear the edge to it.

"Worse," I sobbed and I felt him grow stiff. His arms tightened around me while I let more and more tears stream down my face. I was feeling so very miserable at that moment. I wanted to die.

"What happened, Celeste?" He asked me again, this time, his voice sounded a bit too deeper. I could feel the power of his wolf oozing off his body. He really sounded very angry. It took a lot to make Regulus angry and when he became angry, he could do the unthinkable.

"I cannot tell you about it," I sobbed. The spell was still there, stopping me from saying anything.

"Celeste!" I heard my mother's voice as she rushed to the kitchen. Her eyes widened as soon as they fell on me.

"Where were you! We have been worried sick for you!" She bellowed before stepping closer to me. Regulus gave me a lingering look before he stepped back. The grimness was still on his face and I could feel it in my bones how he was so close to losing control.

"I'm sorry," I sniffed as my mother clutched my shoulders and forced me to look her in her eyes. Her eyebrows were drawn together in worry as she looked at me in bewilderment.

"What happened, Celeste? Where were you all this time? Are you alright? Are you hurt? Why are you crying?"

"CELESTE!" My father roared as he rushed into the kitchen and spotted me. Ares, Augustus, and others followed him in. My father relaxed for a bit as soon as he saw me but he tensed when he saw the state I was in.

"What happened? Why is she crying? Where was she all this time?" He demanded. His voice came out more like a growl that was strong enough to shake the walls. He sounded more like he was on the battlefield commanding his men. If anything, it made me panic even more. All this attention brought upon me all of a sudden wasn't helping me. After all, my mate had told me that I was ugly.