𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞

-HER-

"Ruel," the Drakkon King's eyes widen as soon as he recognized me. His eyes scanned me from head to toe, taking in my fighting gear and the bloodied sword in my hand which was something he could have never imagined me with.

He seemed to have been in a momentary shock as he stared at me. A look of hurt flashed into his eyes before he muttered, "It was you all the time,"

"Who else it could have been?" I gritted and was about to strike at him but Ezekiel took me by surprise me pushing me behind before he cracked down on the Drakkon king with all his might.

I let the duo fight this time. It was a much more fair duel because and Ezekiel seemed to be winning over the Drakkon king since he lost the support from his general who was now dead. Meanwhile, I made sure to have Ezekiel's back by shielding him from arrows and not letting any other Drakkon interrupt Ezekiel from beating the Drakkon king.

The butcher of the Drakkon army went on for a while. My wolves' war strategies turned out to be far superior to the Drakkon king's because the amount of destruction a handful of my wolves were causing was massive. Waves after waves of new Drakkon troops were being shot down with the archers who were hiding up in the mountains, raining arrows from all directions, leaving no place for anyone to run.

The wolves who were on the ground were using far superior weapons than that used by the Drakkons and the Lycans. It lent us a huge advantage in this war.

And not to mention— this was just half of my wolves. If I brought all of them here, laden with the latest supplies then it wouldn't take long for them to wipe away all the Drakkons from the valley.

Since the first general of the Drakkons was dead now, the other two generals cracked down on me but I handled both of them quite swiftly. It felt great to be fighting after such a long time.

After I was done killing one of the Drakkon generals, the remaining one set back with his army, leaving me in the middle of a pile of dead bodies. They were mostly of Drakkons but here and there I spotted a Lycan as well.

Though his army was losing even after outnumbering us by thousands, the Drakkon king didn't seem to be ready to give up soon. He kept fighting and calling more and more troops, who were being butchered one after the other, and the remaining ones who somehow managed to be alive along with the injured ones started to step back.

The snow was pained red now and the air in the valley was thick with the scent of blood. It was snowing heavily but the war went on. No one seemed to care if this was night or day. All we did was fight.

The camp was almost empty now. I was going around, seeing if there was anyone hiding there. No one was alive here anymore. When I went back to find Ezekiel, I found him still fighting the Drakkon king who was now heavily injured but it didn't seem like he had any plans to give up soon.

Though what worried me the most was the two of them were on the edge of the river while fighting. That's when I noticed how the river water had turned almost purple from being contaminated by so much blood flowing from the snow.

It literally looked like a river of blood. I'd never seen something like this before and I had a feeling that this was going to be the goriest of all the wars I've fought and will fight in the future. If that doesn't show the extremity of this war then I didn't know what does.

I kept fighting the incoming troops with my wolves while simultaneously keeping an eye on the due who seemed to edge closer and closer to the river unconsciously. Seeing Ezekiel so close to the river injected a fear inside me that I'd never felt before.

The number of incoming troops was rapidly declining until I noticed that it was only me, my wolves, a bunch of lycans, Ezekiel fighting the Drakkon king, and only two other Drakkons still fighting. The Lycans and my wolves were slowly starting to close up around the still fighting royal Duo at the edge of the river.

The remaining Drakkons who were still fighting did everything to protect their kings. I recognized them as two of the top warriors who were responsible for the king's safety. Though they didn't last long, leaving only the King behind.

It was too late when the Drakkon king had finally realized that he was completely alone in the valley now. Either his men were killed or they have fled back to avoid being butchered by us. The King had been fighting tooth and nail till now even though he was severely injured.

A look of terror crossed his face when he finally noticed that he was alone here with only the wolves and the lycans who were surrounding him. He was going to die today no matter what.

As Ezekiel gave him a final kick to his stomach, he collapsed on the ground, by my feet. His eyes locked with mine as he tried to get up.

"You have lost the war," I told him as he struggled to stand up. I saw rage burning in his eyes as he looked at me.

"I never lose," He growled at me and without warning, he lunged at the Lycan who was standing at the edge of the river, pushing him in the river.

The river water had been previously flowing but as soon as the Lycan fell in it, the water stopped flowing eerily. Ezekiel instantly cursed out loud before lunging at the Drakkon king but he'd already used this distraction to run from there but not before telling me, "I'd be back soon for you,"

Though I couldn't have cared less about the Drakkon king at that moment. Instead, I watched in terror as another army rose from the river.

They were all.... lycans?

_

Vote. comment. Share. follow me

Read the COMPLETE book on Patreon. The link is in my bio.

Also available on Patreon: The Lycan King's Mate (sequel), Mr Night, Stefaan, The Gentleman's Trial, Made For Him, The Beta's Catch, Marmadoke, Exclusive books and many more!

Read the next 2 chapters on Inkitt for Free. The link is in my bio.

thanks for reading <3