𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲

-HER-

I ended up telling Noora how I got to the festival. She and the other girls were really surprised and thrilled to know about this. I told them about Zaeris and they listened to me intently. I didn't realize when it happened but we all got comfortable with each other soon. It soon seemed like we were long time friends.

"Your hair and makeup are done but they are still preparing your dress," Noora told me, "You're taller than us so none of our clothes fit you," she explained and I nodded. I was tempted to ask what it was they were going to make me wear but Noora offered to show me around. I said yes without thinking because, in the back of my head, there was still this urge to get out of that place.

I first thought it was just a small wing to trap these women in but turned out it was actually a whole floor of the castle only dedicated to them. Everyone was female there. Although, I did spot a few men here and there but Noora told me that they were eunuchs.

The whole place was divided and dedicated to women of different ranks. The prostitutes or the women who actually slept with him had a different wing for themselves and I was surprised to find that most of the women weren't allowed there, including us. There were entirely different wings for the other women who were just involved in singing, dancing, or any other art like Noora.

Along with that, there were several other wings for children and wives of the ministers, the older women who were in charge of the newcomers and newcomers. Everyone had their own separate rooms. Apart from this, they had their huge kitchen, diner, a huge library, and several study rooms, rooms to dance, sing or do anything for their own entertainment, a huge training room- I wasn't expecting this one, beautiful gardens and other places which we didn't have the time to see.

It was a whole different world in itself. Everything was built for the women. Everything was accordingly decorated and arranged and feminized. I would have never thought that a place like this would exist in the kingdom of a man who claimed to hate women. The more she told me about the place, the more questions I had regarding Ezekiel. I was more and more bewildered.

I didn't know what to make of it first. Everything seemed fine there. In fact, everyone seemed happy there.

"Didn't you wish to ever go out?" I asked Noora.

"We go out but rarely. Everything comes here for us if we name it and the world outside it is just too dangerous for us. Every one of us here had worked hard to earn the safety and security of this place," Noora explained, "The outside world could be too violent, especially the Lycans,"

"Aren't the Lycans at the court violent?" I asked her.

"They are but if they do anything to hurt us, they get severe punishments," she explained. I parted my lips to ask her more questions but Noora was soon being called by one of the elder women.

"Your dress is ready!" She announced happily before taking me back to the dressing room. I oddly found that place empty at that moment.

"Lyra will see you now," Noora told me before pushing me past a pair of gates and shutting them behind me. I soon found the woman waiting for me in the room. She ran her eyes from my head to toe. This time there was no judgment in her eyes. Her face simply looked blank.

"Sit," she told me, nodding to the chair in front of a huge mirror. I contemplated for a moment before taking the seat. She stood behind me and our eyes locked in the reflection of the mirror.

"I have come to know who you really are," She told me grimly. Her words made me let out a shaky breath.

"He doesn't want me," I told her.