𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨

-HER-

"You look beautiful in that dress," The king of Drakkons complimented me when he saw me just before dinner. I didn't miss how his eyes raked up and down my body while he took in every inch of me.

It made my wolf feel disgusted inside. She didn't want to do anything with him and neither did I but I still smiled at him sweetly because I wished to have my head attached to my neck for the upcoming days.

"Thank you," I told him sweetly, "Your wife gave me her best outfits,"

In response, something flashed in his eyes before he told me, "Once we get back to my palace, you'd be given your own wing with a separate room filled with beautiful dresses and jewellery," He boasted. I didn't know how much truth was there in his words but I didn't have to care about it because I wouldn't be going to his palace anytime soon.

"That sounds amazing," I smiled, "I cannot wait to see your palace and find out what it's like," I told him with fake enthusiasm.

"You'd love it, my dear. I can guarantee you this," He told me before he offered me his hand and took me where dinner was supposed to be held. The whole camp had been decorated as if some kind of festival was going on.

No matter how beautiful were the decorations, to me, all of it looked stupid because by all these lights and music, they were attracting more and more attention towards themselves but then I looked around at all those troops.

They were too many here but again, this was not very smart on their part.

"What is this all for?" I asked the King of Drakkons when he took me to the centre of the camp which was more decorated. It looked nothing like a milliary camp. As a general myself, I was more and more astonished at all the things they were doing here. This only took away their focus from their work.

"Why? For you," He told me while his arm tightened around me gently. His heated eyes burned on my face as he looked at me fervently. I wanted to throw up at that moment. I'd never felt so uncomfortable in my life before but I constantly reminded myself that I needed to play my part carefully because a lot of eyes were currently trained on me.

"For me?" I questioned in surprise as I looked around the place. It looked too lavish to be part of a military camp. Light music was being played from somewhere and the air was filled with the scent of delicious food.

"Yes," He smiled at me, flashing his sharp teeth to me, "Tonight I'm going to declare you as my second wife,"

My heart almost stopped beating for once. I gasped. I could have never thought that he'd be so fast with this. Without warning, I took a step away from him, holding his gaze.

"Your wife?" I frowned.

"What's wrong with being my wife?"

"So quickly? King of Drakkons, I expected better from you. I expected you to court me first and prove your love to me. This is what happens in my tribe if a man wants to take a woman as his wife," I told him sharply, looking upset and offended.

"Courting?" He furrowed his eyebrows as if he was hearing that word for the first time.

"Yes, it's a huge tradition in my tribe and I must tell you that I take them very seriously. If you really wish to have me as your wife then you should court me for at least a month," I told him, making him look more puzzled.

"Ruel," He turned to me, taking a few steps closer to me but I made sure to maintain the distance between us, "I'm the Drakkon king. I don't need to court anyone,"