𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

-HER-

"He told me he didn't want me because I'm ugly!" My words hung in the empty room for a while, ringing in both of our ears.

The Queen's piercing dark blue eyes stared at me for a second longer. She snapped when my words finally made sense to her.

"What?" She asked. I didn't miss the disgust laced in her voice.

Was it for me? Was she disgusted by me too?

"H-he told me he didn't want me because I'm ugly!" I spoke again. I'd never known that my words could pierce my own heart again and again. I cried in silence.

A part of me was surprised that I was even crying for something so small. It wasn't the first time that someone had called me that. Growing up, people did say that I looked different but it'd never hurt me this much.

The only thing that was making this hurt was the fact that my mate had cited this as a reason to reject me. It was both- very stupid and atrocious.

... but he was being honest, wasn't he? A small voice spoke inside me. I instantly shook it away but I didn't want it to be true.

Tears rolled down my cheeks and I sniffed but I didn't dare let another sob out as the Queen's eyes bore into me with so much weight, it felt like she was going to crush me with her gaze alone. I was very much tempted to throw myself in her arms and cry but I contained myself from doing so.

"That bastard," She muttered under her breath as her eyes grew slightly blurry. Was she mind-linking someone?

I couldn't tell. Her body looked very tense and her jaw and fists were clenched. It somewhat scared me to see her angry. We all knew what happened when she was angry. Everything burned.

"What else did he say to you?" She demanded next, taking a step closer to me. I shook my head in response while her eyes burned into me.

"Celeste," She breathed, taking another step closer to me and placing her finger under my chin, and lifting my face up. "Stop crying. I'm sure he didn't mean it,"

"I'm sure he did," I chocked.

"Ezekiel could be very rude sometimes. He-"

"Please... I know he meant it very much and the worse is that he didn't really reject me. He simply said that he didn't want me because... because..." I trailed off. I swallowed hard, wishing that it would help me forget the words but it wasn't that easy, was it?

The Queen clutched my cheeks, her fingers almost digging into my flesh painfully as she forced me to look at her, "I'll make sure he pays for this," She promised. The dark tone of her voice made me shiver.

I could feel her regal power oozing off her body and taking over me. Without realizing it, I found myself lowering my gaze in respect but my mind was already running a thousand miles per hour, wondering what it was she was going to do to make him pay. I couldn't help but wonder if it s really possible to make someone like him pay.

He was simply impossible.

"W-what are you going to do?" I asked her in bewilderment. Her eyes hardened.

"You'll see," Was all she told me.

~

"So are you going to tell me or not?" Regulus asked for the nth time while we were training the very next morning. Ares and Augustus weren't far away from where we were training. Even though they were acting as if they were very much busy with their training, I knew that they were close and listening. Growing up, we all had mastered the art of eavesdropping. It was very efficient, especially in times like these.