𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

-HER-

"I don't understand why women aren't allowed there? Does something special happens there?" I asked Regulus. He had been to the Mid Winter Festival once before. The three of them had gone there already except for me.

"Not really. It's very normal in that sense but it's very grand. The decoration, the people, the events, and everything... it's very grand. Ezekiel seems to take it very seriously," Regulus told me while Ares and Augustus caught up to us. They'd gone for some runs out in the snow.

"What does Ezekiel take very seriously?" Ares asked, joining us. Augustus was just a few meters away from us, putting on the fighting gear for training.

"The Mid Winter Festival," I responded.

"Oh yes, that's a serious affair for them," Ares said, "I wish you were able to come with us,"

"Well, I'm going," I told him with a smirk. His eyes instantly widened at this. He parted his lips to say something but Augustus chimed in, "Hell, yeah!"

"But women are not allowed there!" Ares stated.

"Who says I'm going to go there as a woman?" I smirked further but the folds between Ares's eyebrows only grew deeper. He didn't look very happy. He looked concerned. He was always the one to warn us whenever we planned something that could potentially get us into trouble because he'd personally gotten into a lot of trouble but little did we know the things that were going to happen when he'd meet this mate after a few years.

"I don't like this," He frowned, "What if we get caught? We don't want to get on Ezekiel's wrong side," He told us. I parted my lips to tell him that it was okay because I was already on Ezekiel's wrong side but again, nothing came out. Not a word.

I pursed my lips before assuring him, "It'd be alright, Ares. No one would know," He didn't look convinced though but Regulus and Augustus were already on my side and planning on how they were going to help me sneak in.

"You'd need men's clothes," Regulus commented, "Augustus is the closest to you in height so you can take his clothes but you'd need to alter them," Regulus spoke.

"That, I can do," I nodded. I was already bubbling with excitement. It'd been a long time since we did anything this daring. Things like this always made me excited and pumped up. I wasn't feeling sad anymore.

I really wanted to go there and my mind was set on it. Ares listened to us while Regulus, Augustus, and I planned everything. The triplets were invited this year as well so there were more people going this year, which would help me blend with them better and go unnoticed.

We planned while training. After some convincing, Ares agreed and after training, Augustus brought me some of his clothes that I could wear to the festival. I sneaked them into my wing to alter them so that they'd fit me properly. I chopped six inches off the pants to fit my height while I had to do a lot of alterations to the shirt and the cloak for them to fit to my body.

I worked on them every day. I always made sure to hide them somewhere because I didn't want my mother to find them. It could have gotten me in so much trouble.

As the day of the festival edged closer and closer, I got more and more excited, unlike my wolf. She was anxious to go there and see him. She hadn't taken the "partial- rejection" from Ezekiel very well. She was still bothered about it and thought about it several times a day.

On the other hand, I was doing my best to move on from what had happened but I couldn't. It wasn't that easy. He was my mate after all and he had practically left me hanging. Even though I didn't want to be his queen in the first place but the mating bond was messing with my feelings. It was trying to make me feel otherwise.

Even though my ultimate goal to go to the Mid Winter Festivals was to have fun there but my wolf was planning on meeting him. She wanted closure of some sort. She wanted some sort of clarity from him. Did he really reject us or was it only that he just didn't want to be with us - which was also a kind of rejection.

The more I thought about it every time, the more it troubled me so I tried not to think too much about it and just go there and simply have fun. Although to say that I was very excited and happy on the day we were supposed to go to the winter festival would have been a lie.

I was actually very much anxious and was constantly rethinking my decision to go there but I had already done all the preparations and the six of them - Ares, Regulus, Augustus, and the triplets were ready to take the risk to take me there.

At very early in the morning of the mid-winter festival, I stepped out of my wing, dressed like a man. I was wearing the clothes that Augustus had given me and I had braided my hair tightly around my head before putting on a winter cap.

All in all, I was looking like a man- that was what the six of them thought when they looked at me. They were very much convinced that no one would recognize me if I just keep my mouth shut and stuck with them for the whole time.

We revised our plans again before finally stepping out of the palace and heading towards its back where the carriages were waiting for us.

As we got closer to the carriages, we noticed a figure looming by them. They had the hood of the cloak on so it was impossible to recognize who it was. The figure first seemed to be of a young man when we edged closer to the carriages.

Once we reached close enough, the figure finally tilted their head back to give us a good view of their face. Ares instantly cursed out loud as soon as he saw the face of the figure in the cloak.

"Get back to the palace now, Avyanna!" He hissed, stepping closer to the figure.

"What are you doing here?" Regulus demanded at the same time.

"You're not coming with us!" The triplets chimed at their sister at the same time. Meanwhile, I was still standing there bewildered, looking at Avyanna dressed as a man while Augustus threw his head back and roared with laughter.

The next couple of moments were spent bickering within the royal siblings as the brothers tried to convince the only and the youngest sister to return and not come with them but Avyanna was too determined to leave.

She had her mind set on it.

"If Celeste is going then why can't I go?" She demanded.

"How did you find out about this in the first place?" Regulus demanded. At this everyone's eyes instantly settled on Cupid- the second of the triplets. Cupid looked around and shifted on his feet uncomfortably. We knew that he sometimes overshared things, especially with his sister.

"What?" He mumbled, "Why are you all looking at me like that?"

Ares groaned in response before he rubbed his face in frustration and gritted, "If our mother finds out about this...."

"Don't worry. Since all of you don't seem interested in taking me with you, I'll let our mother know myself," Avyanna offered which instantly made all of us panic at once. If Nefret found out about this, she'd whip all of our assess with her enchanted whip.

"Fine," Ares groaned before all of us climbed into the carriages.

"I'm so excited!" Avyanna chirped once the carriages started to roll away from the palace.

I wish I could say that as well.

-

vote. comment. share. follow me

Read up to chapter 25 on Patreon. The link is in my bio.

Also available on Patreon- Javier, Stefaan, The Gentleman's Trial

Read the next chapter on Inkitt for FREE! The link is in my bio.

Instagram: authorritz

thanks for reading <3